should i buy a banshee or not?

Wow, so changing tire pressure and swapping a gear or two was too much effort to be worth while?

Heck I had a compressed air canister, low pressure tire gauge, front sprockets from 13-17 and rears from 41-45 as well as a full toolbox sitting right in our base camp. Wish you would have said something.....I would have lent you anything you needed and even helped you just so you could have had more fun.

Don't know why you keep implying that I get my info from others in the form of phonecalls.....l was there and raced your big DM with the OOF pipes you came over to show me. I was running a 10 mill CUB on 110 race gas with with SB In-Frames and small 35Pwk's that were bored to 37's. I had my issues too, but I still was willing to run a few races for fun.

We raced.....I won. (Tyler would say that's all that matters.) LOL

I saw you posted your going to be at Silverlake on the 19 thru the following weekend. I'll be there the 19-20-21 with my new porting and Mikuni 41's still on gas. Come on by and say hi. I'll show you my cool water temp gauge and my exhaust temp probes and maybe we can do a couple more laps for fun.

Don't know why you keep implying that I get my info from others in the form of phonecalls....

Simple John, he gets that from me.

From our talk.  (Mine and yours)

From all the facts and hearing you've had about my old bike and setup, to how it ran and where.

And 90% of it was untrue.

You had plenty of information you thought on my bike,  yet never saw it ran in person once while I owned it. It only went to the dunes twice, both on Holiday weekends and never with me (I let Evan borrow it either once or twice...before he built his K&T Army bike.)

Never saw it ran in Gilbert in 08, evident by the fact you said it was in a Rigid. :rotflmao:

Said it blew up at WMSD in October of 2010 at  pro truck race because I put sniper pipes on it, not because the crank stay pin came loose, which I clearly explained to you over and over (and I still don't think you believe it was my assembly error) and you said when I made that pass, phones were a ringing behind the scenes.

John, you've got some good ideas and I appreciated our talk, and I give you respect.  But it seems, not just with me...but with others, you either need to find new and credible sources of information, help with remembering some facts...or start taking better mental notes.

Dave it's clear that you didn't hear me ASK YOU FOR THE TRUE DETAILS.

Now I never yold you what I BELIEVE TO BE TRUE.

But I DID take the time to ask you directly for details. I NEVER called you a liar and what I told you was me voicing some of the behind the scenes stories that I heard. NOT STUFF I BELIEVE TO BE FACTS! So STOP acting like I'm some dumbshit who only knows what one or two people tell him. I talked with you for a long ass time and I was completely open-minded to the info you were providing and you were treated with respect.

Anyone who reads my rants should understand I'm clearly NOT one to just believe what I read or am told. When I share info I clearly use plenty of words to explain my stance on an issue because I expect others to use whatever facts they are given to make up their own mind.

If I tell you "I heard this...." it's what I heard.

If I tell you "I think this...." it's what I believe.

Please make the effort to understand the difference because your obviously talking shit about me and getting the facts wrong.

I politely spoke with you over the phone and with Shayne in person and enjoyed both conversations. But sadly you two sound pretty set on sticking to the hater roles. That's too bad because riding is more fun with people you like......

Dave it's clear that you didn't hear me ASK YOU FOR THE TRUE DETAILS.

Now I never yold you what I BELIEVE TO BE TRUE.

But I DID take the time to ask you directly for details. I NEVER called you a liar and what I told you was me voicing some of the behind the scenes stories that I heard. NOT STUFF I BELIEVE TO BE FACTS! So STOP acting like I'm some dumbshit who only knows what one or two people tell him. I talked with you for a long ass time and I was completely open-minded to the info you were providing and you were treated with respect.

Anyone who reads my rants should understand I'm clearly NOT one to just believe what I read or am told. When I share info I clearly use plenty of words to explain my stance on an issue because I expect others to use whatever facts they are given to make up their own mind.

If I tell you "I heard this...." it's what I heard.

If I tell you "I think this...." it's what I believe.

Please make the effort to understand the difference because your obviously talking shit about me and getting the facts wrong.

I politely spoke with you over the phone and with Shayne in person and enjoyed both conversations. But sadly you two sound pretty set on sticking to the hater roles. That's too bad because riding is more fun with people you like......

That is not how our conversation took place when it came to fact finding John.

That maybe how you remember it...but I can assure you it is not.

You were 100% stuck on my motor blew up simply and only because I put snipers on it.  And you also said others predicted it and have had the same things happen to them.

Your words, not mine.

Phones were ringing as soon as I made that pass...  again, your words, not mine.  You clearly stated that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes...like you had a press pass to some VIP treatment in the realm of knowledge. 

I never called you a liar.  I never said you called me a liar... I simply said your facts were not correct.  However they got that way, could be misinterpretation...could be someone else lying...

And...in closing ...once I told you what happened at the track, you then said you'd make phone calls to straighten the story out.

So...after you saying that, in your own words, how do I...or anyone else for that matter, know you didn't make phone calls to spread mis-information in the first place?

Does your bat phone only relay the truth...and not mis-information?  Because if so...I can think of a few people that need to download that app.

We talked candidly for over an hour.  And you made a very, very fine point.  Saying something on the Internet does not portray tone, attitude, joking, seriousness, etc.

I agreed with you 100%.  And you even made the comment that you used 1 million smileys, etc., so people knew you were joking.

A personal phone call eliminates most of that.

I don't understand how I'm talking shit about you and getting the facts wrong when I, myself had the conversations with you and heard the words come out of your mouth.

Since everything that you heard about me, my bike and my setup were 3rd and 4th hand before I talked to you...wouldn't that make YOU the one talking shit and getting the facts wrong...?

I'm not a hater by any means.  And I think you'd find quite a few people at the track and dunes (gotta throw dunes out there for Shayne, as I said, they're not my thing) and they'd say we're easy going, helpful and honest as they'd come.

Have you ever heard me say one thing about your bike?  No.  Why?  because I've never seen it.  Never met you.  Never seen or heard of it run anywhere.

Maybe you should stew on that John....

Your new porting or Cam's new porting?

FFS  <_<  The WORLD knows Cam did my motor.

Go climb a hill.

Hey, OP......Buy a 4-stroke and steer clear of all this drama.  :bolt:  

You brought the drama to this thread.  All i said was I had a 10k banshee with no water temp gauge. Is that not true?  Then you decided to try and belittle me by assuming I have no knowledge of my bike. Then continued with the insults and false information.   I never once insulted you, your intelligence or your bike . Unless you consider "play with kittens" and "being drunk" a insult.   Who's the hater?

^^^^ Has a Banshee that only runs for 4 seconds at a time.

^^^^ Also has no idea at what temp his motor makes it's best power........Goes with the 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand method, then feels the pipes..... (Same method if it's 60 or 90 outside)  :shootself:

I simply asked if the porting was something he did or Cam did. You can see the response I got.

As much as he knows about this stuff you'd think he'd just port his own.

And to this day I still haven't received a response about all the motors he tested VF4 on or whether or not he'd like to meet me out at Redline this winter to do treating with different pipes.

John, what's your last name or what shop were you affiliated with when MT wanted you to test the VF4? I assume that calling and verifying with them wouldn't be an issue?

Sorry to all the phone readers who are going to have to scroll though this.....

^^^^ Has a Banshee that only runs for 4 seconds at a time.

^^^^ Also has no idea at what temp his motor makes it's best power........Goes with the 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand method, then feels the pipes..... (Same method if it's 60 or 90 outside)  :shootself:

I was just saying....you own a drag bike. It spends most of it's time making quick passes. (The OP might not know that your not out riding trails with it.)

Then I was just joking about the way drag guys go about getting ready to make a run. (notice the winking and smiling face at the end?) 

:lol:  Sorry, that was mostly made up........... I have no idea how high you count before you stage your bike.  :jesterlaugh:

Also, for all I know that big Alky powered DM might be running in the 3's......I was just going off the last time I saw it when it was running so poor you could barely keep it running. (But I'm sure that had nothing to do with temperature.) ;)

I'll be at the dunes again on the 19-21........swing on over since you'll be up there and we'll chat again.  :cheers:  

More light hearted joking. (See all the smileys?) I even noticed you were going to be at the dunes when I was and was looking forward to meeting up again.  

You brought the drama to this thread.  All i said was I had a 10k banshee with no water temp gauge. Is that not true?  Then you decided to try and belittle me by thinking I have no knowledge of my bike. Then continued with the insults and false information.   I never once insulted you, your intelligence or your bike . Unless you consider "play with kittens" and "being drunk" a insult.   Who's the hater?

Where the hell do you see me belittling you? How do you make such an epic leap to think I'm saying you have no knowledge of your bike?

Insults?.....Do you mean me saying you don't know what temp your motor makes the most power at? Without a water temp gauge, you won't know. But that doesn't mean you aren't a good racer or able to win. It just means you don't include water temp monitoring in your process.

I think monitoring cylinder temps are an important factor in consistency. NHRA teams warm the cars to the same temp for every run and even document track and tire temps pre and post burnout.

From all my dyno testing I know my bike likes to be at 160-165 degrees at the start of a drag race. When we are hot lapping drag races at the dunes, I pick my "return road speed" based off of how long it takes my bike to cool back down to 160.

I simply asked if the porting was something he did or Cam did. You can see the response I got.

As much as he knows about this stuff you'd think he'd just port his own.

And to this day I still haven't received a response about all the motors he tested VF4 on or whether or not he'd like to meet me out at Redline this winter to do treating with different pipes.

John, what's your last name or what shop were you affiliated with when MT wanted you to test the VF4? I assume that calling and verifying with them wouldn't be an issue?

Tyler, I'll admit I snapped at your comment. But your a dick to me 24/7 so it read like you were correcting me.

Understanding a topic doesn't make one an expert at doing the work. I don't port because (Like you) I trust top people in that trade to do it well. Cameron is a perfect match for my motor porting needs.

A year ago I started offering up info about testing the V4's. For the better part of that time you have worked hard at bashing anything I had to say on the topic.

The scope of the motors tested is listed in those posts. Now a year later, you want to act all interested.......go do a search. (Obviously my REDLINE 10 mill cub was one of them)

I offered openly (More that a few times) to test ANY PIPES that people wanted to test. (Mostly to help get more dyno testing out into the real world about pipes like Sniper and Rockets) I don't own a dyno, but I have unlimited access to one at no charge since I built/remodeled most of the shop for my Sponsor/Best friend.

I'd love to see the results of a pipes test. If Cameron does the testing I'm sure everyone will value the results. Would I like to be there in person?.....Yes! Dyno days are always fun. Lots of people show up to see the action. I'd love to be there when it happens. But if I was going to take time off to go west, I'd be dropping my gear in the sands of Glamis. LOL I'll be more than willing to trust Cameron's test results without having to see them in person since the dyno we have is the exact same model.

I was not contacted to do the testing on the v4's. (I have NEVER implied that in any way) My best friend and sponsor Jay Jahns at Illinois Powersports in Elburn Illinois was contacted thru one of his contacts over at MT to do testing on the new reeds. As I am affiliated with Jay and damn near part of the staff over there, as soon as the reed designs would come in....I would be called out there for the tests. My roll in the testing involved running My REDLINE 10 mill cub, my wife's D+M ported 370 long rod bike as well as me being there for the use of many of Jay's builds that were owned by other customers. Bikes from bone stock, long rods, 4 mills, even other cubs. (Many from my ride group.)

You wanted me to post dyno curves. But they were "Work Product" of both Illinois Powersports and MT and not mine to post. It's not really professional to post results that ultimately end up bashing a product that was still in production. (V3's) But since I was privileged to be right there and involved for all the testing, I thought sharing the real world info with fellow HQ members would be helpful. So I did.

Plenty of members here have seen the top performing prototypes in my bike (I showed them to Shayne and Ron and many others out on the dunes) and a few have been out to the shop to see the stack of designs that didn't make the cut. Heck I even kept a spare set in the truck so people could hold them in their hand and see what they looked like.

My bike was the main platform for the testing because it's a motor build from a known top builder and has some extra data sensors. I have EGT probes in my pipes and a water temp gauge. Running consistent water temps is vital to getting good back to back repeatable runs on both the track and the dyno. With the data the dyno tracks and the extra info we could track with the sensors already on my bike, we were able to get good stable data on the differences between the reeds. (Stable enough to see a 1 HP increase with an airscrew adjustment.) 

So that lead us back to my original comment. Get a water temp gauge. They are valuable.