No spark , just got a new shee need some HELP!

Budwiser420

Just picked up a new bike ,threw a few new parts on it (nothing electrical ) , new fluids , and kicked it over with one of the plugs out and it doesn't spark , the key was removed by the person befor me and replaced with one of those tether things . I don't kno much about electrical so was looking for some troubleshooting help from some banshee lovers like myself . Can post pictures if needed i think idk because this is my first posting , thanks in advance !

The two wires that come out of the teather switch, how are they connected? One should be grounded and the other to the orange wire on the coil.

No it shouldn't. The tether should be hooked to the black/white kill switch wire. (assuming it's the correct type of tether switch. Circuit closed when tether is removed.)

Since the key switch has been removed, make sure the red/black wire is permanently connected to the black wire. If the red/black is not grounded, it will not run.

Be sure to remove the TORS box and smash it with a hammer. It's a black plastic box under the left front of the gas tank with a 3 wire connector.

• Like 1

No it shouldn't. The tether should be hooked to the black/white kill switch wire. (assuming it's the correct type of tether switch. Circuit closed when tether is removed.)

Since the key switch has been removed, make sure the red/black wire is permanently connected to the black wire. If the red/black is not grounded, it will not run.

Be sure to remove the TORS box and smash it with a hammer. It's a black plastic box under the left front of the gas tank with a 3 wire connector.

So I should take the red and black wire that came out of the key and tape / crimp them together ? And I'm pretty sure I don't have tors if I have 35mm carbs rite? Or does that system come in all banshees and aftermarket carbs

Look under the left front of the gas tank and see if there's a black plastic box with 3 wires. That's the TORS box. Someone could have put the 35mm carbs on it and not removed the box. Not likely someone could be that stupid, but best to check.

For the ignition switch wires, you you need to make sure the red with a black stripe wire is connected to the black very well. The best way is solder and heat shrink. There have been many people on here that have chased a no spark problem, replaced a bunch of parts and finally discovered the key switch wires were not making good connection.

• Like 1

Look under the left front of the gas tank and see if there's a black plastic box with 3 wires. That's the TORS box. Someone could have put the 35mm carbs on it and not removed the box. Not likely someone could be that stupid, but best to check.

For the ignition switch wires, you you need to make sure the red with a black stripe wire is connected to the black very well. The best way is solder and heat shrink. There have been many people on here that have chased a no spark problem, replaced a bunch of parts and finally discovered the key switch wires were not making good connection.

Thanks will try that