Safety at the track.

n2otoofast4u

Tundish, you know you're my MI brother and my bro.

But I'm in severe disagreement with you.  Especially after you witnessed Joe going ass over tea kettle at the county fair.

You'll always have the dunes to keep it pinned, minimal safety wear and have fun.

At the track, we need safety and rule improvements.

Yes, I hate wearing hot clothing on a warm summer day sweating while we wait to make passes.

Things could always be much, much worse.

I'm with you Green.  Time to talk to tracks within the Sand Drag organizations and see what direction they want to go in.

Im with ya guys on this....i watched my wife wreck on a track and rolled her bike going over 70mph.

IF ya ever seen or watched someone you care about im sure you would think the same thing.

Green i like the idear.

I'm all for the safety gear...@ 70 + the sand is very unforgiving and can really fuck up your day.....I agree with say 100% full faced helmets, skid proof gear....an hell even of you gotta wear work boots to " shift easier" then do it....its better then sneakers .......if its hot as fuck an u get a bad case of swamp nuts waiting to make a pass.........who cares go drink so water....

You will live

Figured it was time to bump this to the top with a  question .

Q:  Why do you see some guys swear by full face ON-road helmets over the standard MX helmet?

Reason I'm asking is I'm upgrading my gear this year and would switch to a Full Face if there is some benefit I'm overlooking.

Figured it was time to bump this to the top with a  question .

Q:  Why do you see some guys swear by full face ON-road helmets over the standard MX helmet?

Reason I'm asking is I'm upgrading my gear this year and would switch to a Full Face if there is some benefit I'm overlooking.

I don't swear by it, but use it for supposedly more protection. With that being said, my 1st accident wearing one. The left handle bar went in between the opening & fucked this pretty face up, LOL!

I don't swear by it, but use it for supposedly more protection. With that being said, my 1st accident wearing one. The left handle bar went in between the opening & fucked this pretty face up, LOL!

Thanks.

The only thing i could come up with,is that there are a lot of full face streetbike helmets that are Snell AND DOT approved. Not sure about offroad.

• 1 month later...

Rotax Im not trying to push attention to you, but Id like everyone to see that "shit happens QUICK".... Im really glad to hear that your son is going to make it through all of this, but this is just another sharp reminder to me that all my preaching is going un-noticed. Most think Im crazy, a few think worse. Please people quit turning your heads and wise up!

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168705#entry1503117

Rotax I know you've been in this game for a bit, but here goes my rant again.... THIS FUCKING SPORT NEEDS SAFETY RULES IN PLACE. You put a leatt on that kid, and a few simple frame mods and this either A-never happens or B-the major injuries are FAR less likely to be sustained!

I REALLY hope your son bounces back and gets on the horse again. But PLEASE for the love of all things holly take some precautions!

What frame mods are you talking about, just some sort of heel guards?

I need to get my LEATT adjusted and start wearing it myself. I've had a couple of close calls recently.

Rotax Im not trying to push attention to you, but Id like everyone to see that "shit happens QUICK".... Im really glad to hear that your son is going to make it through all of this, but this is just another sharp reminder to me that all my preaching is going un-noticed. Most think Im crazy, a few think worse. Please people quit turning your heads and wise up!

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168705#entry1503117

I agree with you on this 100%. I'm making some type of heal gaurd that will be none intrusive but will prevent your foot from going towards the rear tires. As far as PPE, that's getting purchased as well.

Unfortunately it usually takes a wreck to wake people up. Luckily for me and Jonny the final outcome is just a lesson learned.

While my bike was in shop, I seen my cousin asphalt racing in soft ass bedroom shoes, sweats, tank top, no helmet, no gloves. Warned him before the race that he should throw gear on but he had all kinds of excuses as to why not to wear it. Grown men make their own decisions and he is regretting it now. Ran off the road a little and hit a dip and the struts made the bike bounce all over the place and ended up flipping through the finish line. He was thrown from bike as high as the power lines and landed in ditch after sliding on gravel for a few yards. cuts, holes to the head and road burns to the body. It took an accident to make him realize that he need to protect himself. He lived to see another day but to see that first hand I though he was a goner for sure. After seeing that I went and bought boots to add to my helmet and jacket and gloves. Some see it as extreme but I see it as me living to see another day. Now im looking at getting a brace since you guys mentioned it. I never thought about the brace. Hell i even take a socket to the tire bolts and axle nuts to make sure everything is tight before a race. Anything can happen at anytime. Its best to be prepared for it. I go the extra mile and will not race if other guy do not have jacket and helmet. I also look at their practice runs to see if they can hold the bike in their lane or not. If not then its not worth the money to race. So i agree with having a standard for protection with any type of racing.