Safety at the track.

n2otoofast4u

i understand the issue now, safety equipment shouldn`t be a choice, especially with minors involved, gotcha

I'll go one further with minors involved.

Anything 4.0 or faster, you should be 16 minimum.

I'm tired of seeing 13 and 14 year old kids ride bikes well over 100HP.  I don't care how long they've been riding or how they smoked everyone on their CR80 at the local track.

Green, nice post and long overdue.  This sport will continue to go nowhere until there are better rules and safety standards put in place.

I support you 100%.

Its a free-for-all out there and I'm surprised more people have not died.  I about killed myself in 2011 and its no joke crashing at these speeds... Any my bike was slow in comparison to the real drag bikes out there... Sneakers and a cutoff shirt lets go racin'...

Good post, and a valid subject.  I think the drag racing scene would be on damn TV if it were to become legit and safe(er).

Its a free-for-all out there and I'm surprised more people have not died.  I about killed myself in 2011 and its no joke crashing at these speeds... Any my bike was slow in comparison to the real drag bikes out there... Sneakers and a cutoff shirt lets go racin'...

Good post, and a valid subject.  I think the drag racing scene would be on damn TV if it were to become legit and safe(er).

On a side note, there are others that need protection 24/7.

After partying with JD...he falls into this category.

He should have to sleep with a helmet and neck roll on.

:):Crybaby:

On a side note, there are others that need protection 24/7.

After partying with JD...he falls into this category.

He should have to sleep with a helmet and neck roll on.

:):Crybaby:

My buddies call me helmet.

Anyways, carry on with this valid thread :) Love u dave.

More measures for personal safety could easily be taken.  

But to see the setup at that BBDR track.....holy crap that's almost worse than just tilling up a wide open field and drag racing.  How the shit is a pile of tires going to protect anyone?

More measures for personal safety could easily be taken.

But to see the setup at that BBDR track.....holy crap that's almost worse than just tilling up a wide open field and drag racing. How the shit is a pile of tires going to protect anyone?

its a launch ramp to send racers into fucking orbit

Id like to keep this thread on "personal" safety for now. But I will in a day or two start one about "track" safety requirements "bike" safety requirements  and "track personel" requirements.

Other than flat ass not racing (which nobody is just going to stop going to their local tracks) we as the rider have the greatest control over 2 things. One being the safety gear and qualifications of the person on the bike, and the structure/construction/setup of the bike itself. Im getting ready to take off for the weekend. When I get back next week Ill get going on another thread. I think this has already had a positive impact as Ive recieved several PMs regarding neck brace design and some skid resistant stuff. If I can change 1 persons thoughts about kicking a leg over a bike without having the right stuff on, this entire thread is worth it!

We had a race lastnight and I gotta hand to the track personnel for turning people away for not having proper clothing. As of this season other than a neck brace everything Green listed is required to race. I did see one kid on a dirtbike wearing one, no harm in that.<br /><br />Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

The problem is, you have backwoods hillbillies that "have been doin' dis daggum shit since da dawn of time, harumph". Unless they are FORCED to make changes, they won't, which is sad when you consider they couldn't give a shit sometimes about their own person well-being, or their kids'. The same guys that ride in flip flops and cargo shorts are the same guys that would try to sue a track because there was a 3" rock left in the track that dented their pipe.

I hate to say it but sand dragging is some hillbilly shit. I have a drag bike. If the sand drag tracks started making us wear all that it would be the end of it. If your running asphalt I understand the need for all that gear.

This is for fun not a big sponser or job. This is a hobby.