drill bit index

atcandbanshees

I would only say stock IF you can find one locally and/or borrow one.

I've kept up on the racetech thread a little, I'd have NO qualms about buying one from him.

When I get back in this stuff, I'll be buying a drag race only version from him.

If you would put where you are from in your profile someone close can maybe help. A good tuner can tell in about 30 seconds if you are rich on the needle and whether your plugs look rich. Honestly you wont have much sputtering or poor running from being too rich on the PJ. It will burn and run good even going thru a half gallon in a couple 300' passes. It kinda sounds like its just bogging out of the hole from being rich on the needle to me. It shouldnt blow tons of alky out of the pipes and need cleaned out a ton. If you dump the clutch... bluh,bluh, and then screams up top. If thats the case PJ adjustment will do nothing to change it. Its needle, pilot leaning you need.

Some very basic questions come to mind. compression test? pump or no pump? floats set right? how far out before it craps out? What size motor gears and tires? does it only clear out and free rev or can you get full rpm under load? lets just get all the basics out of the way

Some very basic questions come to mind. compression test? pump or no pump? floats set right? how far out before it craps out? What size motor gears and tires? does it only clear out and free rev or can you get full rpm under load? lets just get all the basics out of the way

Compression is 190 but I need to check again. No pump it craps out just barely after I launch. It only clears out and free revs

I think most of the issue is to rich on idle and possible midrange. i dont like those carbs so im no help there. but with my lectrons being overly rich at idle causes it to stumble when launching. also if your timing is retarded not adv it will fall off.

If you let it warm up a few seconds and clean it out by revving it up a couple cracks of the throttle then when you hold the throttle about 1/4th- 1/3rd it should NOT blow alky all over your hand. If it does lean out your needles till it gets dry and pretty warm coming out.

And that's why I asked if it was Ricky Stator...

Get a known working good stator.

Then open those PJs all the way up...

You're gapping the plugs down to .018 or so, right?

I try to tell people about tighter gaps but most of the know it alls think I'm nuts. They feel that you buy components to fire a stronger spark and gap them way out for a mega spark that is apparently supposed to leave no fuel unburned.

Funny thing is I just helped a guy with a 250r from work sort his bike out and that was the problem. He chased jetting for 2/3 nights after work and it never ran right till the plug gaps were at 18 thou.

• 3 months later...