Ok guys i got an '05 Hybrid I built. New top end, head shaved, flywheel lightened, +5 timing advance, VForce3 reed system, Flotek ported, individual UNI POD filters, shift star mod, NGK B8EG plugs, FMF fattys and Power Core II silencers(pipes are cut and custom fit to remain in frame on the hybrid, they are now a mid range pipe instead of the normal low end fmf fatty) i run AV100LL mix 40:1 with Klotz super techniplate.

my Main jets are 310 my needle is factory and set to factory position, and my pilot jet is 27.5. here is the problem. bike starts fine, first kick(most of the time without the choke) idles great comes off idle great it snaps. it pulls supe hard on the top end. the problem lies with the mid range.like i said idles fine comes off idle fine but when i ride in lower 3 gears the mid range is bad it hesitates and is erratic. i have tries all position on the needle and doesnt seem to change much if anything. i rode it aroung in the RPM range that it "acts up" for about 5 minutes and the plugs were kinda wet or oilly so i would assume rich, but i tried all the different needle positions and doesnt seem to work. like i said the pipes are custom so i imagined it would be finnicky to jet but dont know which way to go when it doesnt seem to change with the needle. could i need a different taper or design of needle? ive never messed with different needles before just change position. and help would be greatly appreciated.

post-41173-0-59140100-1368242989.jpg

Have you done a full 5th or 6th gear plug chop yet?needles taper and diameter are some of the biggest changes you can make to the state of tune of your motor, I would get a few different style needles and try it,no one will be able to give you a solid answer not knowing the effect the modified pipe,good luck