cfm aluminum airbox

I ran a CFM box on my blaster and it works great. I just ordered and recieved my cfm for banshee just a few days ago and the quality looks just as good. I'm sure it will work great for my quad. I will be installing it once I get my bike jetted correctly.

I ran a CFM box on my blaster and it works great. I just ordered and recieved my cfm for banshee just a few days ago and the quality looks just as good. I'm sure it will work great for my quad. I will be installing it once I get my bike jetted correctly.

What kind of jets are you going for? I only ask because I too is in need of some jets. I need something that will open up my lower gears. As it is now I have no idea what any of the jets are. I know that they are stamped with a number. I took out the air jet and it was blank. I dnt want to take out the main because its shitty outnand havent been messing with it. The guy I bought it from said somethin about jet but I can't get ahold of him. And cnt remember what he said. But it has the 80 bore and it performs very well in the top end so maybe it has a biger main. What other jets in the carb do I need to change and/or look at??

I have one on my banshee i love it, its a well protected open airbox that allows alot of air in but at the same time keeps mud and water off your pods.Depending on your exhaust it might be a tight fit, with 916s its a pretty tight fit because of how wide it is. I have to have it mounted as low as possible which is resting right on the rear shock in order to keep it clear of my stingers, only thing i dont like.

What kind of jets are you going for? I only ask because I too is in need of some jets. I need something that will open up my lower gears. As it is now I have no idea what any of the jets are. I know that they are stamped with a number. I took out the air jet and it was blank. I dnt want to take out the main because its shitty outnand havent been messing with it. The guy I bought it from said somethin about jet but I can't get ahold of him. And cnt remember what he said. But it has the 80 bore and it performs very well in the top end so maybe it has a biger main. What other jets in the carb do I need to change and/or look at??

Read this article to answer your questions.  http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html

If you want jets cheap find a local snowmobile shop or atv shop and call and ask if they have mikuni small hex jets. I found a couple places that sold them for $2 each. The ones that they didn't have I ordered off of ebay but they run about $6 each after shipping.

This seller has them all:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150609490437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Like 1

You are best starting with a plug chop run to determine if you need to jet at all. Get the bike warmed up. Replace your plugs with two new ones. Run the bike a 1/4 mile wide open in every gear. Turn around and run it wide open back to your station and shut the bike off while it is wide open and coast back. Pull the plugs and cut the threads off to expose the porcelain. If the ring on the bottom is grey your lean, if it is black your rich. If its is a chocolate brown your good. 

I have one on my banshee i love it, its a well protected open airbox that allows alot of air in but at the same time keeps mud and water off your pods.Depending on your exhaust it might be a tight fit, with 916s its a pretty tight fit because of how wide it is. I have to have it mounted as low as possible which is resting right on the rear shock in order to keep it clear of my stingers, only thing i dont like.

Would you happen to know if the fmf gold series will mess with it?