Mayhem in the mitten event at WMSD June 21st, 2013

Stimbert

Good job. My 60 ft times weren't much better on a rigid with a bar with the Cubs. The track basically won't hook until about 30 ft or so out IMO. It was fine after that.

We did get a 1.30 60' out of the Scimitar first pass though. Ran 3.50, which isn't good, but was for that track. 3.63 out of the 650 bike, mid to high 3.8s outta the Cubs. Other than the bad 60' times the facility and track was great. Races went smooth and on time, pot luck dinner was awesome. Thanks for those that provided that. It was weird being daylight at 10:00 pm though.

j-madd i agree i tried all my little tricks to get my 60s down and it didnt matter what i did i couldnt hook to save my life. I was running 4.3s at 71-75mph with 1.6 60s. I had a awesome time my only thing with the whole event is i would have liked to see the big bracket race divided into 2 groups snomo then "shifting" class. Big thanks to ricky thrope and buddy hammet and the whole crew at wmsd for keeping everything running smoothly and on time.

Glad to see this even go off well and people have had nothing but good to say about it.  I know how much work they put into it.

I wonder what they have in mind to get better hook off the line...I know over the past few seasons they've put more clay in.

I know Ricky and Buddy were probably running around with their hair on fire...but J and Bum80, do you know if anyone said anything to them or the track help to get the first 60 foot hooking better?

I do know, once an event starts (test and tune) it's a bad idea to change track prep or surface.

At another MI track, they did that years ago, changed the T&T surface all around for race day, the ATV guys, myself included, were just a tad upset.

Sorry I couldn't make it up JMadd, would be nice to meet up with you.

i personally  didnt say anything, i talked with alot of racers and there thoughts were right along with my about the 60fts, last weekend were some of the fastest times wmsd ever put out, im guessing they turned the track and the clay got pushed deep, like jmadd said after about 80ft the track hooked hard and was fast on the big end. wildthing i believe made 5 passes shutting off half track almost every pass, with never making a full pass, sat. night was badass watching him run when it got dark out and seeing the flames front the exhaust.

Also would like to give a big thanks to wheelman chassis, (chris) for helping me stay running this weekend, i had a bearing explode in my front wheel half pass one run and he had bearing in his trailer and got the old seized bearing out BIG thanks to him and a great guy to boot.

Now Chris is going to get a big head... great, just great.  LOL.

Yep, he's a good guy that will help a fellow racer, even if it's who he's racing in the next round.

That's how most of our MI family is at the track. 

I saw a couple of clips of him running, I'd love to see that on a full pass.  Thought I read something about him not being sure of enough shut down.

We have top fuel and top alcohol dragsters that make full passes, but they have chutes, etc...

I love the layout of WMSD...wish I had more time to get over there.

Thanks for the honest input bum, appreciate it.

i personally  didnt say anything, i talked with alot of racers and there thoughts were right along with my about the 60fts, last weekend were some of the fastest times wmsd ever put out, im guessing they turned the track and the clay got pushed deep, like jmadd said after about 80ft the track hooked hard and was fast on the big end. wildthing i believe made 5 passes shutting off half track almost every pass, with never making a full pass, sat. night was badass watching him run when it got dark out and seeing the flames front the exhaust.

Also would like to give a big thanks to wheelman chassis, (chris) for helping me stay running this weekend, i had a bearing explode in my front wheel half pass one run and he had bearing in his trailer and got the old seized bearing out BIG thanks to him and a great guy to boot.

Adam, it was very nice hanging out with you guys.   Glad i could help out a fellow racer in need.

The whole crew had a good time hanging with you and lauren around the fire as well as at the track.,We look forward to doing it more often!

Chris