1st Three Runs (averaged) Prediction

SlowerThanYou

I got very little doubt you'll be running impressive numbers wtih this very soon.

It's pretty safe to say you ran your 443 cub on pavement for a long while before coming over to the dark side.

This is a completely new motor and chassis combo for you.  Your "freshman" passes will be just that...getting to know you...:)

I say "clean" passes becuase you know was well as I do...it could burp, buck or snort off the line, could shoot you sideways to the rail...anything can happen.

I meant clean by clean track, good launch and hitting all the gears.  No having to lift, no bog off the line, etc....

Very interested to see what you learn and how it runs once you make adjstments from what you know about the smaller bike, to what you're learning about on this bigger motor setup.

Good luck, rubber side down!!

I got very little doubt you'll be running impressive numbers wtih this very soon.

It's pretty safe to say you ran your 443 cub on pavement for a long while before coming over to the dark side.

This is a completely new motor and chassis combo for you.  Your "freshman" passes will be just that...getting to know you... :)

I say "clean" passes becuase you know was well as I do...it could burp, buck or snort off the line, could shoot you sideways to the rail...anything can happen.

I meant clean by clean track, good launch and hitting all the gears.  No having to lift, no bog off the line, etc....

Very interested to see what you learn and how it runs once you make adjstments from what you know about the smaller bike, to what you're learning about on this bigger motor setup.

Good luck, rubber side down!!

We are looking forward to tuning this whole new set-up. This will be my Sons second time on 300' & 1st time with the rigid/new motor. If we was in our stock chassis. I was going to make him do a hard launch & then half throttle down the track. That has got us into trouble before. So, maybe this new chassis is a blessing.

The owner of the new chassis, said it will race like a Cadillac & actually be boring. My son wants to make the 1st pass all out, within reason. Regardless, I'll provide the 1st 3 time slips for this exercise; good, bad or whatever. I will also provide the drinking results for Fouledout. 

I hope to come out with 3 decent 1st runs, with no major issues. Then fine tune from there.

Thanks for the words of encouragement

oh ok. sorry im on mobile site.

I can't see sigs either. I turned that option off when the site was on the old layout and never seen the option to cut it back on now.

It didn't add a lot, but added to the information already given in this thread. There will be about a 40 lb. weight savings from old to new.

AKA 1700camaro

Stock frame, 443 Cub on race gas.

1/8 & 1/4 mile asphalt & 300' sand.

What are your predictions on HP on this motor? I watched a 10mill DMX with 85 bore dyno about a week ago.

We have no idea, the numbers I heard for K&T's same motor seem really high. We are on race gas, so I would probably say 130 hp. Who knows, the K&T motor does have the record for the class.

first : 3.92

second: 3.84

third: 3.78

given there are no major hicups, bogs, having to let off...

by the end of the night (given passes are available...)   3.66

GOODLUCK!! and ive seen that don q at work, dont tune to many of those red cups HAHA

Hey, thanks for the interest.

We are planning on Gilbert & I just found out Angel found a jockey for our ride in limited 650 & under class. I hope to be at the event for a couple of days to tune myself very well on the Don Q. I am the white Puerto Rican, or as Angel puts it, the Cheerleader!

From the 10 mill DMX I seen on the dyno your HP predictions are really close lol

And I'm sure the the HP of K&T's bike wasn't what set the record. It's knowing how to set it up. That is why I think your first 3 Passes will be fast and somewhere close to where you want it. Just minor adjustments. But I could be wrong and good luck

From the 10 mill DMX I seen on the dyno your HP predictions are really close lol And I'm sure the the HP of K&T's bike wasn't what set the record. It's knowing how to set it up. That is why I think your first 3 Passes will be fast and somewhere close to where you want it. Just minor adjustments. But I could be wrong and good luck

Can you share the dyno numbers & was it on gas or Alky?

We always focus on the overall set-up. No plans to put this motor on the dyno, not saying I will not, but its not our priority. 

Thanks for wishing luck!

• 2 weeks later...

4.20. Sorry...had too. First three CLEAN FULL PASSES? Cause you know you gotta specify...lol I say 3.84 average.and I'd be happy with that first time in a newer motor and new chassis on a paddle track. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I just got home a little while ago from the BAKO sand drags. I haven't done the math yet, but I would probably say. The 4.20 is pretty darn close "had too". It's probably going to be in the 4.teen range. I'll post it up when I time, within the next couple days or sooner. There's a little stupidity involved with the 1st 3 runs!

I'll try & post the most appropriate information in the post & the DMX testing post.