10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Picked up the motor from K&T this past Tues. Randy & I discussed one change that he would like to see. The motor made peak HP at 9600 a little shy of theirs. He talked with Matt Shearer & they both think 10mm removed from the head pipe may be needed. We decided to wait until after we run it to make a decision.

My 650 bike is at 9600 rpm at the traps according to gearing calculator. Fwiw. Never had it dynoed.

No. Just asking. Its been talked about by a few of us here about going down.

When I picked the motor up Tues. Kim told me someone was trying to get a race planned for Nov. at Dome. He said he  would only go if it was PSDA sanctioned race. That's the only thing I have heard. 

My 650 bike is at 9600 rpm at the traps according to gearing calculator. Fwiw. Never had it dynoed.

That's where we had the gearing before this dyno work. The shift light set at 9600 was coming on right before the traps.

The motor peaked at 8800 on the early dyno runs, that's why it was falling on its face thru the traps. It was all based on K&T's motor dyno runs. Now it's close, just need to find time to run it. Right now the priority is with the racecar & 3 big races in Oct. & Nov. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the dyno numbers for the DMX. It's all pretty irrelevant like JUSTWANNARACE & I discussed in the SB tonight. The Dyno tune & the track tune doesn't really matter, only the track times. 

While we know the numbers are high, what's important is what it gained while on the dyno. K&T base lined the motor, then made the highest hp @ 156 at 9600 rpm. The highest Torque reading was 90 ft. lbs.

JWR follows the 650 class. And if all is equal to yours and their motor, it will have to make those numbers to run the numbers that they have. (does that make sense?)

It makes sense, but we had realistic goals with this motor build. 1st. it was built for asphalt, 2nd we are in a stock frame 320 lb. chassis & lastly our Jockeys range from a not so light weight of 170 - 220 lbs. We are not looking to set the world on fire. We did very well with the 443 cub with these parameters. If we can do the same with this motor (of course faster), we will be happy. 

• 4 weeks later...