Milling a jug?

mholub

So heres my problem. I have a project banshee and the parts have come from all over. After I got the whole thing put together, I filled the radiator for the first time so that i could start it up, and then noticed that the antifreeze was dripping from my coolhead. My first thought was that I had a bad seal, but after inspecting the gasket it apeared fine. I then went to my jug, to see if anything was wrong with it and it looks like the previous owner droped it on a bolt or somthing circular because where the gasket seals to the jug there is a dent. The engine is a 421 cheetah so i would like to try and save the jug. So my question is, can i mill the top of the jugs to take the dent out? If so how far? I am running 19cc domes with it and thought that maybe I could change them out to compensate for the milling? Please help!

Mill it and do domes. Or epoxy and Glass or granite with paper. The later of the two takes a very well qualified set of hands. For all stuff like that I use a glass mirror taken out of the plastic housing for a rear view mirror. Ultimately though if you wanna be sure, tig weld it and get it machined properly.

It is small maybe a 1/8" in diameter. Less than 1/32" deep. I have acces to a machine shop so i could grind or mill the epoxy off to make sure it is perfectly flat. If I touched up the whole surface but barely removed any material would it hurt anything? Obviously I am afraid of removing too much material.