Tyler is correct.

I always ask   " How FAST can you afford to go"      

Price does dictate what level of kit that would fit your budget.  

Also pick a  company and buy every thing he suggests as buying a lot of different items from different engine builders will cost more money and be slower as well.

once an engine is built the second and 3rd phase comes into play.   tuning is highly critical as well as chassis setup.

Let us know your budget....?  ALot of good buys out there and some junk too...... Click link in our sig to get in on some good sales!

Well, about as cheap as you are gonna get is doing a 4mm stroker in your stock cylinders. No spacer plate, get a used cool head and have a builder set you up the correct domes when you send them your cylinders for port work to go with the new 4mm stroke. Once all the internals are taken care of you can change the external bolt on stuff as money permits in stages. But off the bat, you should definitely do your crank, porting, head/domes, exhaust.

For reeds you can run new petals in your stock cages. You could even try porting your own cages with a little research, the stock carbs will be ok for a while but you will never let the bike run near its potential till you have something to match your set up. Don't worry about the intake unless you are going with bigger carbs. Do make sure that if you are running stock intakes already that there is no boost bottle involved in the equation. Just run a stock crossover pipe. Then comes your filter selection. You want something to be protected in the woods or wet muddy conditions? Run a stock air box with a Pro Flow style filter and no lid. If you aren't mud boggin' get a set of pods.

Down the road grab your self a timing plate. It's easy HP. That should get ya started.

Thanks so far for all advise guys. What I have for a budget is about 2000 give or take, the motor is already a stoker of some kind a believe it's a 4 mil, it has a spacer plate. haven't had it looked at yet, but have t6 pipes reeds and idk what carve are though. I was looking at the vitos 392 stroker kit wit crank and cylinders it's the whole kit .

Meh, don't bother with that Vito's kit. It will take money to get it to run really good and in the end your displacement is not really much more the. You can achieve running a ported 4 mil stock cyl. As far as I'm concerned, stockers are performing with the 4 mil servals and most mediocre big bores out there. I would just sent your current cylinders out for porting and be ahead with both your dollars and performance.

Trickedcabine, u think it's just smarter and cheaper to rebuild the motor I have your saying? Where can I get parts cheapest I have a local shop that'll put it together correctly, I just don't wanna piece it . Takes to much time and money riding season almost here!

if you already have a 4 mil crank, send the jugs to get ported, get new pipes, maybe shearer or cpi, head with PROPER domes.  that would prolly eat up a grand, give or take.  with the rest, put some attention into the trans, cut trans or full override depending on what you are doing with your bike.  if you still have some money, give some love to your suspension.  depending on what your intentions with your bike are, i would consider suspension before i would motor work.  a 50 hp bike with $2000 suspension is waaaay more fun to ride than a stock suspension bike with 65hp, just my opinion of course.

I ride trails and mostly powerlines and pits. So good shocks is a most, I'm looking for a shop that has all parts I need I got bike for just a couple hundred, so I wanna do it right. I'm Gunna have motor checked this week to see what's already done to it. Need a crank? Whose has best parts for money? Thanks banshee hq members