Water pump checkup

sandmann

take the bike outside where you can drop a little coolant not much theres a little bolt on the side of the cylinder pull that bolt fire up the bike if it sprays out that little whole like crazy your pump is working obviously its the only way i can think of with out just draining the coolant and checking things out and at the same time you could have been just running hot i wouldnt be to worried about your pump i would be looking more at your carbs and if your running a little lean if it was real hot out and you werent moving its gonna get hot with nothing wrong at all if you havent allready id look into a billet impeller and or a oversized radiator there pretty cheap and help allot i got a billet impeller ill sell ya cheap and you could get a rad. for like a 100 or so depending on what kind ya want hope this helps 

let me know

For a real quick basic test, fire up the motor from cold and blip the throttle a few times. After running for a minute or 2, put your hand on the radiator and if the pump is working, you should start feeling heat. If the outside of the cylinder head feels hot and the radiator is cold, you definitely have a water pump problem.

Before I got my Mull billet water pump gear, I did this test every time I unloaded the bike off the trailer at the dunes.

Ok problem solved. It took more than tapping with a screw driver. I lifted the banshee up and dropped it, that fix the leaking issue. But banshee not starting still

oops, that was for the stuck floats. As for the water pump, already checked and its running properly. I just removed the cover and rotated the engine with the kick start. Seems ok