WTB: Rocket R1 In-frame Pipes and Silencers

Thack82

I'm trying to help a friend of mine find a set of the Original Rocket R1 Pipe's and Silencers and a Vito's Hemi Head for a 68mm Athena Big Bore build he's doing on his Banshee. Please let me know if you or someone you know has a set of R1 Pipes/Silencers or the Vito's Hemi Cool Head. It would be nice if the head had Vito's Big Bore Domes but its fine if it doesn't. He can order a new set.

Thank You,

Thack82     

Damn SAVAGE, you tried to sell me a set a while back, were you going to rip me off??? Just JK! :rotflmao:

Rocket R1's and R2's are different from most Pipe Set Up's, it seems like people that have run them say there AWESOME or they SUCK. I think a lot of it has to do with the way your motor is set up and the Cylinders your running. I put a set of R2's on my Banshee and I love them, hands down the best pipe I've ever ran and I have tried about six or seven different kinds over the past five or six years (No I haven't tried Shearers). Hell, most people compare the Rocket Pipe's to the Shearers and it seems like everybody loves them, so why do so many people hate the Rockets?  One of my best friends owns Withrow Powersports in Lawrenceburg Kentucky, every time he had a Banshee in and had it down we would throw the pipes on mine and bump the Main Jet up or down and run it up and down the road a few times. I've got a list I'll past on here off a old email, hold on a minute.......

• Paul Turner Mids                                   (Great Pipes make huge amounts of low end torque but the Power Band falls off pretty quick)  
  • FMF Fatty's w/ Turbine Core Silencers (Good all around Pipe, Really Like the way the Turbine Core Silencers sound)
  • FMF SST's  w/ Power Core II Silencers (Okay Pipes with good bottom end but weak up top)
  • Pro Circuit Pipes                                   (Good Bottom/Mid Range)
  • CPI                                                        (NO Bottom End)
  • Toomey T5's                                         (About the same as the FMF Fatty, maybe not quit as strong in the Power Band)

I really did like the Paul Turners, that what I actually ran on my Banshee. They made nasty low end torque. You could lug it around out side of the Power Band like a 4-Stroke but the power they made in the Power Band with my new set up was unusable. All it wanted to do was spin. and they held back tons of top end power.

I like the R2's because I don't feel that I lost any Low end like I did on the CPI's and some of the other Pipes and it pulls HARD in the mid and top. On my Banshee the R2's feel like the Pro Circuit and the CPI hooked up and had a baby and the result was the R2 Pipes. I think the Carburetors that you run in conjunction with the Rocket Pipes play a big part, and I just don't think Stock Banshee Cylinders Ported, Bored or whatever can handle them, it's just to much pipe for a motor that's moving a small amount of air slowly. IMO !!! I think the Rocket Pipes work best on Banshees with 32mm-36mm Carburetors and Aftermarket Ported Cylinder's that have more Ports, better Port Mapping/Timing, with bigger cc Displacement like the Serval, Cheetah, or some other similar cyl set ups.

Anyway please let me know if you run across a set of R1's. I fucked up when I didn't buy Savage's, they were nice Pipes and I could have made about $300 on them if I had went ahead and bought them. One things for sure they aren't making anymore, so they will most likely be Hell find.   

Thanks,

Thack82

I wish you guys had told me he had a set of Chrome Plated R2's on my WTB R2 Pipes Thread. I looked for a set for almost 2 months before I finally found a Plater that would put a High Temp Declarative Triple Plated Finish on mine. I bought a set of black R2's off another BHQ Member because I couldn't find anyone selling a Chrome Set. Structurally they were in great shape but the Borrink's High Temp Black Finish was coming off. That really didn't bother me because I wanted to get them Chrome Plated to match my Polished Motor.

I took them to work and Media Blasted everything off them, Cleaned the inside of them with Engine Degreaser, Brake and Parts Cleaner, and 94% Sulfuric Acid and used big industrial size Pipe Cleaners to scrub them out with a hour or longer flush cycle each chemical cleaning. I wiped the outside of them down with electric motor cleaner to remove any impurities from the out side of them and took pictures and started calling Chrome Platers.

The pipes looked like they were brand new inside and out and the insides had no Carbon or 2-Stroke Oil build up as far as I could tell but half the Platers I called wouldn't Chrome plate them because they were used and they didn't want to chance contaminating there acid tanks (Even after I emailed them detailed pictures of the pipes with no contaminates). The other half of the Platers wanted $750+ to Plate them with high temp Triple Plated Declarative Chrome. So against my better judgment I sent them to a Powder Coater and had them Powder Coated with a High Temp "Reflective Chrome" with hopes that it would look like Chrome or at least be as shiny as Nickel Plating like the FMF Pipes have. I got them back and they looked like they were Powder Coated Silver. banghead 

So I gave my Dad a call, he's the Purchasing Manager at Link-Belt Construction Equipment and he deals with a ton of Machine Shops and Platers of all kinds. I ask him to ask around and see if one of his guy could help me get them plated. 

He called Tri-State Plating in West Virgina and ask the head guy if they would help me out. They told him to have me ship them up there and they would take care of the Pipes and Mid Pipes for me as a favor.

I cant wait until I get them back on and see how they run with my New 32mm Mikuni TM Carburetors (With Thunder Products INTELAJET Fuel Induction System and Chariot Racing's Over Sized Fuel Bowls) that were Show Polished by Mr. Bling.

I think they will turn out awesome Tri-State Plating mainly plates Motorcycle Parts and Exhaust. They have a unique automated 7 layer High Temp Plating Process that insures the absolute best High Temp Chrome Finish for exhaust systems. Supposedly no other plating company in the United States can do. The guy I talked to on the phone told me that he has a lot of Harley and Custom Chopper Owners that buy Brand New Bikes or Brand new High Performance Exhaust Systems that are already Chrome Plated and send there stuff to them and have them strip them back down to a bare finish and Re-Plate it. They guarantee there High Temp Declarative Plating to be Blue Resistant up to 1,600°F and five times more durable than other Triple Plating Process even OEM Plating.

I looked up the Maximum Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) for most two stroke engines on the internet and they claim no two stroke should run EGT's any hotter than 1200°F to 1300°F, so the plating on my R2's shouldn't have any bluing on them at all. I guess we will see.