Question's on gaining a little bit more bottom end power.

Shaunisheep

Hey guys,

Basically the story goes like this, i got this banshee a few weeks ago picked it up on the cheap and have since been working on it, im finding the bottom end on the thing to be quite weak, i have come to assume that it could probs use a top end rebuild as the compression on it aint too crash hot.

What i was after was a bit more bottom end on it, currently im still running stock sprockets on it of 14/41  , i was wondering wether the top end rebuild would be enough of an increase on the bottom end or should i also drop the sprocket size down to something like 12/44 to give me alot more bottom end, as my plans where to use this as a hill climb bike? 

Or alternitivly if anyone has any other suggestions i can do to give me a bit more bottom end or all round power on the thing would be muchly appreciated, ill list the specs of my bike currently below.

Bike:

02" yfz350p Banshee

>Stock Bore

>Dmf powerpipes

>stock dual carbs

>Stock Gearing

>Unsure exactly on tire size (haven't measured yet)

>Sticker kit for all dat extra speedz

Some ppl report single carb mod and two in to one pipes being some good bottom end.

In a couple years you might realize most of us skip the bottom end and dump it in to the power band. It took me awhile to come around.

Come to think of it my 4 mill stock port had ok bottom end.

Some ppl report single carb mod and two in to one pipes being some good bottom end.

In a couple years you might realize most of us skip the bottom end and dump it in to the power band. It took me awhile to come around.

Come to think of it my 4 mill stock port had ok bottom end.

Im fine with riding it in band, but just the hill climbs i hit up arnt ones you can hit at 40mph, their fuckin steep with boulders and shit you gotta get over, id be on my back if  smashed it in band at them ahhahahaha