Athena 421 Base Gasket

Z400Banshee

I'm building a 421 using the athena cylinders because I got them with the quad but I dont know what size base gasket to get. Is there a bigger gasket for that 68mm bore or does it use the same size as the 64mm? I'm trying to find out if one is cut out more for that bigger bore cylinder or not? Also I'm trying to figure out what thickness I need. I'm getting a hot rods 4mm stroker and 25cc domes to fit the athena head. I also plan to get the case port matched as well as a mild port job on the cylinders for mid to top end. im thinking around +4 timing and I usually cut sunoco 110 with pump 87 at 50/50. My elevation is 1300-1400

I found the 25cc domes for the athena head on this web site http://www.twostroke..._engine_kit.htm

Edited by Z400Banshee

if youre getting it all from tss, call up steve from there and question him. ive bought .012" cub base gaskets from him before. ive never ran the athena cylinders, but on cubs, ive found cometic base gaskets to be pretty close (youll have to shave a lil bit but they are pretty close. i had to shave more off the TSS gaskets than cometic)

base gasket thickness is relative to porting and dome specs, so only the builder can answer that one,

25cc domes at 1400ft is dam SAFE !!! you could run pump fuel with +4., but you should ask the builder that question also.

where are you from ?, if youre from AU, hit up tss or one of the sponsors here, shipping from usa to au isnt that bad, you get taxed on items over $1000au, so try get the parts "discounted"

Thanks, I'm from northwestern pa in the US. I pulled apart a couple motors and matched up different brand base gaskets and noticed that they didn't quite match up the same. One looked like it was blocking the ports a little. I'm actually putting this motor together myself and am just trying to get some ideas on gaskets and whatnot. Steve told me that they used a .060 gasket but I thought that seemed kind of thick with the 25cc domes. I only really plan on taking the motor to a builder to get the clearances checked. Thanks for the help dirtydownunder