Resurrecting the Neglected

Tony2Trigger

I bought a third hand 2003 Banshee with T5's, K&N air filter, proflow adaptor with airblox with 1' hole drilled all over it. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin(Sea level/Temperature) I couldn't get it to start anyway other than pushing it. It ran fine once warm and could then be kick started within 10 mins of shutting the bike off. 32:1 mix ratio. I discovered it had TORS removed but had no idle screw in the right carb. It was also missing the choke linkage tube between carbs. I replaced the choke linkage and new idle screw. fuel/air mixture screw set to 1.75 turns out from seat. Now I have bog at 0-14 throttle right of idle and i can not seem to set the idle. Carbs are synced. Slides are fully closing. not sure where to look next.

ANY AND ALL SUGGETIONS AND IDEAS WELCOMED

THANK YOU

I bought a third hand 2003 Banshee with T5's, K&N air filter, proflow adaptor with airblox with 1' hole drilled all over it. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin(Sea level/Temperature) I couldn't get it to start anyway other than pushing it. It ran fine once warm and could then be kick started within 10 mins of shutting the bike off. 32:1 mix ratio. I discovered it had TORS removed but had no idle screw in the right carb. It was also missing the choke linkage tube between carbs. I replaced the choke linkage and new idle screw. fuel/air mixture screw set to 1.75 turns out from seat. Now I have bog at 0-14 throttle right of idle and i can not seem to set the idle. Carbs are synced. Slides are fully closing. not sure where to look next.

ANY AND ALL SUGGETIONS AND IDEAS WELCOMED

THANK YOU

You need a new topend and just remove the airbox and get k&n pod airfilters with outerwears and rejtet... Upload some pics of the bike

I was under the impression that it was just rebuilt. I have an old piston and cylinder head that was given to me with the bike looks like a ring sheared, got on top of the piston and beat the hell out of the old head. I'm still new to all of this but. What is the tell tale sign that I need a new top end.? I've put 150 miles on the bike on 25 mph trails and spend probably 5 mins in 6th gear. Seemed to have no issues other than not starting and idling before I replace the choke linkage and idle screw. Tried upload two pictures off my phone but they are too large with try on desktop. Thanks again for your input.

Sounds like you are in the same boat I'm in. I think mine was last owned by a kids who liked to look the part.

I agree with a rebuild and rebuilding the carbs. When they get doggy and hard to start they are worn out. With the carb issues I'd say that has a lot to do with it being ragged out. "All right. Cool dude, I have a banshee!" - I won't buy anything from someone with that mentality. I wouldn't have bought mine but I got it cheap and the motor is tight.