DC Conversion

SuperMex

talked with trail tech about this and the stock stator output on a dc conversion is only 35 watts TOTAL so you can only run led lights. Or get the 200 watt stator and you are good to 150 dc watts.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to dissagree. The stock stator is designed to handle 2 35w headlights and roughly 10w for the taillight.

Search for "Q#62" on the Banshee Electrical FAQ http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133650&p=1154447

It should be noted that the factory stator lighting coil can only handle two 30-35W headlights, or about 70W total (a little more for the taillight). 

• 1 year later...

I am looking into running some led dc lights, I am trying to figure out "floating the ground", right now as I understand, I need to desolder the ground on the stator, then put an extension to the desolded wire and this one will go out to the rectifier right? thanks in advance!!

I guess I already figured out the whole process but I have read mixed commens about using a battery on led lights, I am planning to run a pair of 10w led lights at stock location using the low beam, and a led light bar 30w mounted at handle bars on high beam....thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with the Race Tech Electric stator/regulator/rectifier kit?  Want to mount Rigid D2 Duallys or Baja Designs Squadrons up, but do not want to mount in much of a battery.  How big of a battery is needed, what have you seen working?  Anyone running any of these lights?

• 6 months later...