Shearer or sniper pipes

John,

A few things.  We talked about two things that were completely false.  One was my motor being in a rigid chassis @ PS 2008.  Wrong, and Jerid posted a picture in the lane next to my bike there.  Time slips from there?  Questionable.  I'm certain the 3.70 passes weren't legit.  3.80s were.  That being said, it still made it to the end faster than anyone else except one.

And back then, 475 cc limited class was probably a lot more competitive than it is today.

Here's the more important point you were wrong on. You said I blew the motor up because of the Sniper pipes, first pass.  And I told you that was incorrect as well.  They blew up because of my mistake, a pin on the crank race that I either should've put back in better (the smash and vice method wasn't such a great idea) or use an expoxy on the bearing race.

And even though I told you that 10 times, I still think you believe it blew up because of the pipes.  You said phones were ringing as soon as I made that pass, which I also find hard to believe because of two reasons.  1., it was a Pro-Truck race, not an ATV race...  Which means ATVs were fillers.  And 2., it was very, very early afternoon Friday.  Many people don't get there till late Friday because they have to work, I actually drove up the night before.

Now...

The reason I mentioned the dunes is because that's where Gary called out Shearer but both him and Jim failed to put a bike out to race with him.  That was the big firestarter, you'll have to admit.

I also plainly said he needs to put up or shut up about track results.  What proves itself at the track trickles down to the dunes and recreational riding.  Not the other way around.

You and I are in total agreement he needs to get out and race.  I said dunes because of the fire starter, it would be a good starting point.  But the real results are at the track, where lights and timers don't lie.  I know a dyno is a good tool used in the right hands.  But I've seen plenty of heartbreak at a dyno for not getting a "number" that a user thought, only to go out and do just fine at the track.  There are variables the dyno does not and can not take into consideration.  (Tire pressure, tire type, clutch tuning, gearing....just to name a few)

There's no disputing that...unless you can tell me of a dyno where you start from a dead stop and accelerate to high gear like you do at a track, not just high gear it and pin it.

I've been on a dyno a time or two myself.

I'm with you on dune or track.  All personal preference.  I'm not a fan of 80 to 100MPH over whoops with someone right next to me.  Cal me a puss...don't care. 

I like the track. I like making 6 to 30 passes (or 40 passes, I miss the old days at Bob's, when you ran out of fuel...).  I like hanging in the pit area with family and friends.

I like some of the cool and impressive shit you see in a controlled environment.  I think you'd be hard pressed to get the Bad Frog Top Fuel Dragster out in the dunes.... LOL.

You and I are in 100% total agreement, Gary needs to get out and prove his worth in this sport, in either arena.  He's got a proven record in street bikes on asphalt already.

But it's been a few years now, it's time to get results.  In an arena with other formidable competitors.

I know you like to stick to your dyno, and you should with the time and money you've invested in it.

But I don't see anyone getting a medal (Trophy or $) given to them for playing Call of Duty on PS3.

I do plan on trying to make it to the dunes and/or WMSD this year.  Promise I'll give you a holler when I do!  I hold no grudges or ill feelings.  I'll be on a loaner bike...and quite possibly a slow ass dune 4 stroke if my good buddy Wheelman lets me borrow them.  I told Jackie we're taking a vaca to Silver Lake, I have a place to stay, we all just need to borrow a bike.

We'll meet up and hang out in due time, promise!!

I can bring some Snipers to the PSDA race in MI. I'll even put them on a 421 and make some passes. They're not a bad pipe. And i mis spoke about pipes at Gilbert. We did win the 0-425 with RDZ pipes, be we could have won it with any pipe, I think. (The track was the limiting factor on the small motors,not hp). As far as Menz's pipes, his are already designed for his motor. He bought the RDZ weld up kit and cut the pipes for his specs. Using software he said that pipe design made more difference in (theoretical) hp than any other variable. He even took measurements of my SB and BB Shearers and the Snipers and made some theoretical dyno curves based on his motor specs.

I can bring some Snipers to the PSDA race in MI. I'll even put them on a 421 and make some passes. They're not a bad pipe. And i mis spoke about pipes at Gilbert. We did win the 0-425 with RDZ pipes, be we could have won it with any pipe, I think. (The track was the limiting factor on the small motors,not hp). As far as Menz's pipes, his are already designed for his motor. He bought the RDZ weld up kit and cut the pipes for his specs. Using software he said that pipe design made more difference in (theoretical) hp than any other variable. He even took measurements of my SB and BB Shearers and the Snipers and made some theoretical dyno curves based on his motor specs.

That's pretty interesting information. It's even better coming from someone who has set records and doesn't just keyboard race.

That's pretty interesting information. It's even better coming from someone who has set records and doesn't just keyboard race.

You should run a set of Snipers on the hills, see if you can set as many records with them as you do your Shearers

I'm kind of like J-MADD. I could run any pipe and still win and set records.