My MX Build...with Pictures

007banshee

Here is my bike that I have been building. I am currently waiting for my JL Engineering Swingarm to come in and my +2 Fireball Racing A-Arms to come in. They should be here by next week. Also waiting for my G-Force/Tusk +4 Axle thats on backorder. Mods I have are. Modded shift shaft, shift star, +4 timing, bored .030 over, FMF Fatties with PC 2s. Need to get smaller rear tires and different fronts. Any suggestions? Those YFZ shocks are for sale also.....

CellPhonePictures040.jpg

CellPhonePictures119.jpg

CellPhonePictures085.jpg

CellPhonePictures137.jpg

CellPhonePictures139.jpg

Nice nice... Suspension is everything man, do it right..

What shocks will you be running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either Works G Series or Elkas. Thing is though my arms are setup for 450 shocks. So im waiting to hear back from Fireball to see if theyre specifically for 450 shocks or they just work with em. Also need to get new handlebars, Pro Taper seems to be what everyone else has.

I just upgraded from 450 shocks to g series and I love em... Night and day

I have +3 asr'saefea4da-8aac-7047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your eye to eye on those shocks? Sent Fireball and Works both emails, see if I cant find some shocks that will work.

My Fireball A-Arms came in yesterday. They look real nice and solid. Also spoke with Works and they are going to try to make some shocks that will work since these arms are designed for yfz shocks. Swing Arm should be here this week or beginning of next.

2012-05-15_19-57-51_70.jpg

im telling this to u as a friend. cancel the gforce axle and dish out for the lonestar. theres a number of reason why i dont like the axle.

its got a funky lock ring and uses old school c ring stops.

the chrome is cheap.

i feel like one wrong landing will bend them in half.

most people have trouble getting the axle the fit correctly out of the box

if u were going for a trail bike id say youd be safe. u are claiming this to be a mx bike, mx involves, woops, table tops, turns and jumps. theres a reason why the pros use axle manufactures like rpm durablue and lonestar.

im telling this to u as a friend. cancel the gforce axle and dish out for the lonestar. theres a number of reason why i dont like the axle.

its got a funky lock ring and uses old school c ring stops.

the chrome is cheap.

i feel like one wrong landing will bend them in half.

most people have trouble getting the axle the fit correctly out of the box

if u were going for a trail bike id say youd be safe. u are claiming this to be a mx bike, mx involves, woops, table tops, turns and jumps. theres a reason why the pros use axle manufactures like rpm durablue and lonestar.

Thanks, Ill look into those.

your going to have to post some pictures up of that durable axle when u get it in. ive had a oldschool one before and im sure theyve changed since the early 90s. im sure the axle will be a quality piece. what one did u get? heavy duty, eliminator, x-33?

they give a pretty good warranty too,

What is covered?

Eliminator and X-33 axle - The axle shaft is covered for bending or breaking. Flanges, spline wear, hardware and/or surface finish are not covered. The axle is covered for as long as you own the axle (original purchaser).

Heavy Duty axle – The axle shaft is covered for bending or breaking. Flanges, spline wear, hardware and/or surface finish are not covered. Axles are covered for six months as long as you are the original purchaser.

Replaced or Straightened?

If the axle shaft is bent, it will probably be straightened. This will not result in a weaker axle. Otherwise, your axle will be replaced.

its all personal preference i suppose. ive only had experience with the gforce axle once and from what i could see i wasnt impressed. there was another member on here about a month or so ago saying the same shit about the lock ring.

you will almost always get what you pay for and in my short banshee carrier i spent more money cutting corners than just buying the right product outright

there is absolutely nothing wrong with gforce axle for price and gets you a warranty card to return no questions asked. I have been slamming mine for over a year now zero issues. I have a 550$ rpm dominator axle in my R that is slightly teaked from landing hard on one wheel ect they straighten it for you no questions asked but as far as you get what you pay for thats not always true. you buy from repubable people that stand behind there products. price is just a number. hands down the best axle is rpm dominatorII axle but for 180$ theres nothing wrong with a gforce. cheers to ddq! first one to snap an axle in buscoe wins in my eyes!!!