Can someone explain how to properly setup a suspension

zach45

What's your ride height?

Well that depends on tires, and riding type that I am going to do, ext... Sag is a general setting and I always set it first. Then move onto more performance setting (rebound, compression, preload)

Set on the bike with your gear on. Jump around on it, let it settle. Have someone measure from the frame to the floor around the back of the motor. Then around the front of the motor. Then get off the bike slowly. Measure it again. This is Sag. You can set both front and rear from this point.

hard core trails, I limit sag to about 2" max, dunes I set it up around 3. Trails my ride hight was normally Rear 7 1/2" 20" tire, front 7 3/4" 21" front. I set it up this way running Fox Evols, according to Fox.

Well that depends on tires, and riding type that I am going to do, ext... Sag is a general setting and I always set it first. Then move onto more performance setting (rebound, compression, preload)

Set on the bike with your gear on. Jump around on it, let it settle. Have someone measure from the frame to the floor around the back of the motor. Then around the front of the motor. Then get off the bike slowly. Measure it again. This is Sag. You can set both front and rear from this point.

hard core trails, I limit sag to about 2" max, dunes I set it up around 3. Trails my ride hight was normally Rear 7 1/2" 20" tire, front 7 3/4" 21" front. I set it up this way running Fox Evols, according to Fox.

I have works g series tripple rates, Run 20 in the rear and 22 up front..

How do I adjust the sag. What effects that

whats amatter wackoo couldnt share the secrets i told him with you haha. ok i set the rear up first for mx most companys say 7" at bottom of frame by foot pegs i personaly set mine up at 7.5". you will have to take your rear shock off and loose lock rings and either loosen then to drop ride height or crank them the raise ride height. it may take ya 4 or 5 tries to get it exact. but you need two people cause the measurements should be with you in full riding gear and on the bike when measuring the height of bottom of pegs at frame. one you have that down pat, you move to your front end should sit a half inch higher then your rear. so i run 7.5 in rear 8 in the front, just because im tired of bottoming frame out on jumps is why i set my bike up half inch higher. everytime you switch tire sizes your ride height changes so set suspension up for whatever size tires you ride most. trail riding and gncc riding i have seen people run rear set up around 9.5 in rear 10in in front. hope this helps the rest is all preference. try all different settings see what feels best for you i usually go half inch at a time on heights when testing. from there you can move to your camber and toe on front end most run 4% camber on front end which means the bottom of tire bows out a tad more and top of tire in kinda in. once again everything is rider preference and terrain. i have found that 6% camber in front end in sand w single rib tires is the only way i can get the bike to turn properly. but hard pack set up i run less camber. the only way to learn is to test shit out. have fun in the garage tinker around!