Lock up or slingshot.

sorry to hijack but im still a newbie. what is a lock up or sling shot clutch?

A lock up is a device that keeps your clutch from slipping at higher rpms.

It "locks it up."

The slingshot is a type of lock up device.

I have both styles and like each for different reasons.

I have a question kinda off topic but at what point would you start looking toward lockup rather than a heavy duty clutch .. I mean is it part of somthing you should do with a mild 4 mil build or is this 421 serval motor and up you should consider it part of the build ? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4 mil and wanna know if it's somthing I should buy and put in when I have cases apart

I have a question kinda off topic but at what point would you start looking toward lockup rather than a heavy duty clutch .. I mean is it part of somthing you should do with a mild 4 mil build or is this 421 serval motor and up you should consider it part of the build ? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4 mil and wanna know if it's somthing I should buy and put in when I have cases apart

usually over 80 hp is when you need a lock up. But anytime you have too much clutch slip is when it is useful. If you don't have enough hp to slip it a little you won't like it. A little slip is good for a decent launch.

SP

usually over 80 hp is when you need a lock up. But anytime you have too much clutch slip is when it is useful. If you don't have enough hp to slip it a little you won't like it. A little slip is good for a decent launch.

SP

But even if you don't nessicary have the power/hp needed for the lock up couldn't that be compensated for with adjusting the pressure?

The term "lock up clutch" is really misleading.

Used properly, they will actually regulate clutch slippage. As stated before, some slippage off the line is needed.

I like the DD style. Weights can be adjusted in grams and the whole set up weighs a LOT less.