Lock up or slingshot.

Which one is better and why.

I like the slingshot because you can adjust to hp it is holding with the number of balls you use . Holds more power longer and cost about five times less than a lock up kit .

I'm kinda leaning towards the slingshot. I already have a polished cover so don't really want to have to buy a new one then redo all the polishing. As long as they hold the same hp and are fairly easy to install and adjust then I think that's what I'm going with.

Both lock ups can be adjusted. So i dont use that as a deciding factor. A sling shot can fit under a stock cover.. but.. it also cost 4x more then a direct drive style lock up. So the final cost is actually very close. My vote goes to a direct drive style lock up with a modded cover. This gives you the ability to change the clutch without removing the cover. HUGE plus in my book.

Mattoon machine is a site sponsor and has a great price on a cover and lock up kit!!

Both lock ups can be adjusted. So i dont use that as a deciding factor. A sling shot can fit under a stock cover.. but.. it also cost 4x more then a direct drive style lock up. So the final cost is actually very close. My vote goes to a direct drive style lock up with a modded cover. This gives you the ability to change the clutch without removing the cover. HUGE plus in my book.

Mattoon machine is a site sponsor and has a great price on a cover and lock up kit!!

I agree with Shayne on this also. Having access to the clutch without removing the cover and dealing with the gasket and coolant is a huge plus. Granted, the slingshot is cheaper overall, but the stock cover that you're using has it's inherent weaknesses that are overcome with an aftermarket cover for a few extra bucks.

SP