Carb question

MrDups44

I have a 01 banshee the cylinders have been ported to .60 over which is 65.50 bore I think. Anyway I just redid the top end and I think I have stock carbs but the one carb always has gas premix leaking out the drain tube so I wanna get some new carbs cuz mine are def old and fucked so my question is along with my port and FMF pipes and stock reeds should I get stock carbs again or can I jump up any someone told me 28mm Airstrikers would make it rip.. Plz help thanx...

Sounds like your float valve isn't seating, or your floats are just out of adjustment. I went to new carbs for 2 reasons i got tired of messing with mine that were doing the same thing, and i wanted to go bigger. My suggestion would be to stay away from the 28s there just not enough over stock to justify paying what you would for say a 33pwk. If you could find a used set of 30s that would prob be your best bet without losing too much down low.

I have a 01 banshee the cylinders have been ported to .60 over which is 65.50 bore I think. Anyway I just redid the top end and I think I have stock carbs but the one carb always has gas premix leaking out the drain tube so I wanna get some new carbs cuz mine are def old and fucked so my question is along with my port and FMF pipes and stock reeds should I get stock carbs again or can I jump up any someone told me 28mm Airstrikers would make it rip.. Plz help thanx...

Having cylinders with 65.50mm holes means the cylinders are "Bored" .060" over, not "Ported".

A "Ported" motor has both the intake and exhaust ports of the cylinders "Ported" to change the "Port Timings" and enhance the motor's power and delivery.

Now, is your motor Ported or just Bored?

Stock Cylinders, (No Porting), Stock Reed Cages, FMF Pipes, no Timing Advance, (via adjustable timing plate) and no Head Mods will lose bottom-end power and seem sluggish until the higher rpms with bigger carbs.

Stock carbs are good to 65 to 70whp.

Do yourself a favor and rebuild your carbs and save yourself some scratch.

If you don't want to rebuild your carbs yourself, send your carbs to PJ Motorsports.

They're a Site Sponsor and they will rebuild your carbs good as new for you.

Check it out. ---> http://www.pjmotorsports.com/index.html

Carb Rebuilding page. ---> http://www.pjmotorsports.com/special-outside-services.html

Edited by Strm Trpr