4 mil question

ginger

im thinking about going 4 mil, since i have to split my motor apart anyway. Was wondering if anyone was running thier 4 mil on stock carbs, or if everyone upgrades?

EDIT:

Exhaust suggestions? for trails and open feilds.

It will run fine but will hold back what it could do.

im currently running my 4 mil dune ported shee on stock carbs. its pretty nasty. once i get that itch again for more power and have the $ ill do more mods down the road. since you have to spilt the cases i would def go 4 mil and port it. you wont regret it..... even with stock carbs :D

Hey guys do you have to port the cylinders in order to run a 4mil crank, an case mods. Sorry to jump in but I saw you were talking about 4mil cranks.

Thanks.

you dont have to port the cylinders but you will have to shave the head or get a coolhead with the correct domes for the 4 mil crank. BUT porting the cylinders and going with a 4 mil crank will make it a totally new addicting bike. it will def wake up a 4 mil when ported

Thanks for the info it might help me, I'm currently trying to decide how to go with the new rebuild. So many options.

Thanks again for your time.

The options are ridiculous!!!!!!! Every time I think I get close to making my decision banghead !! Good luck to you because its been the funnest nightmare ever for me :cheers:

what are some suggestions for pipes.

im not a big fan of FMF pipes.

I ride on my farm, so i have some flat feilds to open it up, but i also have some tight trails through the woods.

are pro circut platinums any good? DMC aliens? any suggestions?

If you have the extra cash I would send your cylinders off and get then ported for the 4mil, just get a trail port. As for exhaust it all depends on what you want, ask 50 people and you'll get 50 different opinions on what exhaust to run, I just ordered a set of R2's for my 4mil trail port, I'll let you know how I like them.

If you have the extra cash I would send your cylinders off and get then ported for the 4mil, just get a trail port. As for exhaust it all depends on what you want, ask 50 people and you'll get 50 different opinions on what exhaust to run, I just ordered a set of R2's for my 4mil trail port, I'll let you know how I like them.

the whole motor is going to jeff at fast to get built. im pretty sure i know what pipes i want now. it seems like every pipe has its plus's and minus's, so i think i figured out which one im running if i can score a set.

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure you haft to port for a 4 mill due to the diff port timings. i just rebuilt from a 4mill 110 short rod to a 4mill 115 long rod and had to re port due to diff port timings and my motor was ported when i got the crank by hjr i evan had to switch the domes for the 115 rod.. im far from a expert but im pretty sure you haft to port for a 4mill