Hill climb set up

Hannon

Hey guys i got a 10mil dm banshee and im still waiting on the motor but im looking to see what the best pipes and carb set up for what im doing. The hills i run have breakez in them and im out on the east cost. Looking for as much info as i can about anything to do with hill climbing as in tires gearing shocks im looking for different idea on anything any help would be awesome thanks guys! Also i cant run alky

Edited by Hannon

Hey guys i got a 10mil dm banshee and im still waiting on the motor but im looking to see what the best pipes and carb set up for what im doing. The hills i run have breakez in them and im out on the east cost. Looking for as much info as i can about anything to do with hill climbing as in tires gearing shocks im looking for different idea on anything any help would be awesome thanks guys! Also i cant run alky

What hills do you climb on the eastcoast. Coal?

I weigh about 140ish a plus 5 eyeball engineering swing arm. What kind of tire would be good? Ok so ill look in to some 22inc tires this week. How does gearing work as well? Bigger in the fron get more torque? I have a 15 and 16 for fron and 37 and a 38 for the rear.

I weigh about 140ish a plus 5 eyeball engineering swing arm. What kind of tire would be good? Ok so ill look in to some 22inc tires this week. How does gearing work as well? Bigger in the fron get more torque? I have a 15 and 16 for fron and 37 and a 38 for the rear.

Who built this motor? Those gears are going to be entirely too small. You're going to have a hard time getting this thing to hook up only weighing 140 pounds. Even with that short of a swingarm, the tires are going to be spinning like crazy.

I weight 164 gearing 13/41 +4 swinger,and run 22"Kenda rampages but am about to start running bearclaw 22s. I hit hard packed rooted out hills that are very technical and take some on and off the throttle and slipping the clutch some. I still run stock cylinders and crank but am looking into a 4mil cheetah none power valve for next year.

Who built this motor? Those gears are going to be entirely too small. You're going to have a hard time getting this thing to hook up only weighing 140 pounds. Even with that short of a swingarm, the tires are going to be spinning like crazy.

So what tires do you think would be best then and gearing along with carbs i just wanna get the most out of this motor so im trying to get some different ideas.

• 10 months later...

Look for a tire that has a big blocky type of profile and remove every other row or lugs. If its loose dirt or gravel you can try some paddles, but when I used to do gravel pit riding I found the taller tires with every other row cut to be my favorite. There are a few guys who have a nice collection of trophys with that set up, so it's probably worth a try.

As far as your carbs I would try to run something in the 38mm range. You could definitely go bigger, but you will lose a bit of response and will probably suffer a bit when chopping in and out of the throttle.

And the pipes, definitely need to call CPI and shearer. I personally don't know much about the big bore pipes and and how they compare. Maybe someone who has ran both will chime in. Whatever the out come, I would start out with whichever would give your set up more torque. I'd assume that whoever your builder is should be able to tell you the differences in the pipes for your combo and how they will act. If not, it's probably time for another builder.