over heating

Kev55

Went riding yesterday, didnt push it very hard but by the end it was at 220 F on the temp. When i would turn it off to take a break i would here it sizzlin inside the radiator. I also keep finding myself out of coolant all the time but there is no leak, its like it all shoots out on the pipe from the run off tubes...? I was gonna invest in some wetter water or w.e the coolant additive is called to try and keep the temp down so it doesnt boil out. I feel like there is something else wrong though.

Went riding yesterday, didnt push it very hard but by the end it was at 220 F on the temp. When i would turn it off to take a break i would here it sizzlin inside the radiator. I also keep finding myself out of coolant all the time but there is no leak, its like it all shoots out on the pipe from the run off tubes...? I was gonna invest in some wetter water or w.e the coolant additive is called to try and keep the temp down so it doesnt boil out. I feel like there is something else wrong though.

Yep, blown O-ring. Or maybe the mater pump is locked up, or the gear broke. But I'll bet the motor lost an O-ring. Not bad enough to really see the mist from your pipes. Try pulling your radiator cap and sniffing the fluid. If it smells like fuel/oil/exhaust ,then you know where to start looking.

Yeah the stock Pump Impeller is a weak point in the cooling system . I have invested in the Billet Impeller and a double row core radiator . I haven't had a banshee very long but my riding bud has had the same one for 10 years and his opinion on the cooling system is the stock radiator isn't sufficient , he melted his impeller and went with the billet unit , had problems with melted orings in the head a couple times , and as soon as he went with the double core radiator his problems stopped .

• 2 weeks later...

well I finally got a chance to open it up and the impeller looks fine, its not even a plastic one its metal. It's definably a seal somewhere that is leaking the water out.

any easy way of finding the hole? i guess maybe one of those UV light kits for radiator leaks could make this easy...

well I finally got a chance to open it up and the impeller looks fine, its not even a plastic one its metal. It's definably a seal somewhere that is leaking the water out.

any easy way of finding the hole? i guess maybe one of those UV light kits for radiator leaks could make this easy...

Easier to just assume it's an O-ring or head gasket and change it. A leak anywhere else would show up on the outside of the motor, but if your leaking a small amount into the motor..it will just end up going out the tailpipe as a vapor.