help please

I have just traded my warrior for a 01 banshee and the guy said it has sat for a few years, it start ina kick or 2 but when I rev it up or ride it it will bog down and die. If I leave it in nuetral and give it a steady constant amount of throttle it will rev for about 30 seconds then die he said it could be floats sticking does anyone know if that could be it or has anyone else had the same problem

I have just traded my warrior for a 01 banshee and the guy said it has sat for a few years, it start ina kick or 2 but when I rev it up or ride it it will bog down and die. If I leave it in nuetral and give it a steady constant amount of throttle it will rev for about 30 seconds then die he said it could be floats sticking does anyone know if that could be it or has anyone else had the same problem

A good place to start where it has sat for so long. Is to take the carbs down clean them out. Check that the slides move smoothly and are in sync. After that it is most likley an adjustment or two with jetting and air screws.

A good place to start where it has sat for so long. Is to take the carbs down clean them out. Check that the slides move smoothly and are in sync. After that it is most likley an adjustment or two with jetting and air screws.

like he said, clean the carbs real good, main jets and idle jets....also you may check the timing plate, i bought a cheap cheap banshee once and they had the timeing plate set to -8 and the more you tried to rev it the more it wanted to die or did die.

Welcome to BHQ :cheers: Clean the carbs one at a time, they are different. Make sure the tank has only fresh fuel mix. be sure choke crossover tube is on after cleaning. Remove all jets when cleaning . Blow out with compressed air. Set float height . Make sure fuel shut off valve and fuel screen are clean.

Buy a Clymers repair manual. Search u-tube for how to on carb sync. Put new plugs in.

Stock timing is not adjustable, aftermarket timing plate would be set at zero for stock, most prefer +4 for improved performance.

Edited by Larry's Shee

I was toying around with it today and I forgot to turn my gas vavle on to the carbs and it ran and did exactly what it was doing that made me post this so I'm sure that what is wrong is that it isn't getting enough gas after running for 30 seconds or so do you guys still think the carbs just need cleaned or could this be a serious problem

I was toying around with it today and I forgot to turn my gas vavle on to the carbs and it ran and did exactly what it was doing that made me post this so I'm sure that what is wrong is that it isn't getting enough gas after running for 30 seconds or so do you guys still think the carbs just need cleaned or could this be a serious problem

Just clean the carbs out. Problem solved :headbang:

Also check the fuel valve and screen in tank. As long as you don't mess with the throttle cables it will be in as good of sync as before. Turn air screwin in until LIGHTLY seated and record that so you can return it to previous setting after cleaning. Remove main and pilot jet for cleaning, record those numbers for referance later.

check back in after you complete ALL suggestions. :cheers:

I got the original problem fixed it doesn't bog out and die now but it has started smoking and it runs like shit and seems to be not revving as high or fast what could that be, could I have knocked the carbs out of sync cause I took the tors box out with the carbs or could it just need adjusted from cleaning it out. I didn't do any adjustments on it just took the jet out and sprayed carb cleaner thru ir and sprayed it all over the carb and in it

It is white smoke and it comes out of the right side more than the left and I made sure to put the needles back in the carbs they came out of

Take them back apart and make sure the floats are set. Also if you put new plugs in make sure they are gapped right. I have seen my brothers banshee run like hell on one cylinder because one of his plugs was gapped @ .011 and the other @ .030..it smoked on one side and cracked and popped on the other..