Banshee Bottom End Assembly Walkthrough

BigRed350x

Awesome I'm new to this whole inside the engine this has helped me I wanna go split my case to see the transmission an play around with it tonight an get a idea of how it looks/works ...awesome post bro

So how am i supposed to bolt the cases back together is there a certain way to do it

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Bolt order is on the case starting at 1 and ending at 19 maybe 20, I forget. But read the clymer manual for tongue spec, also torque a little at a time, and most of all, take your time.

• 4 weeks later...

on the first page where the pics are it shows a white plastic thing with 3 bolts near the front sprocket. i believe the guy calls it a nuetral safety switch cover or something like that. anyways whats it for ? noticed mine is cracked on 2 of the ears where you screw the bolts in. doesnt seem to leak oil or anything but didnt know what the hell it was. can the 3 bolts be taken out and that plastic piece be replaced with a new one ?

on the first page where the pics are it shows a white plastic thing with 3 bolts near the front sprocket. i believe the guy calls it a nuetral safety switch cover or something like that. anyways whats it for ? noticed mine is cracked on 2 of the ears where you screw the bolts in. doesnt seem to leak oil or anything but didnt know what the hell it was. can the 3 bolts be taken out and that plastic piece be replaced with a new one ?

Yes. Go on eBay. I think it's mattoon sells a billet cover for like15 bucks with 3 new bolts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just put my lower end together with new oil seals. Everything is identical to the pics. I'm up to having the transmission, shift cam, shift star and forks. My problem is I can only get 1st neutral and second gear. It hangs up on the point of the star between 2nd and 3rd. This is hand shifting with the shifter as It's on a table. I also slid the upper case on with no sealent just test shift. I would assume u should be able to shift through all 6. Maybe I'm wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just put my lower end together with new oil seals. Everything is identical to the pics. I'm up to having the transmission, shift cam, shift star and forks. My problem is I can only get 1st neutral and second gear. It hangs up on the point of the star between 2nd and 3rd. This is hand shifting with the shifter as It's on a table. I also slid the upper case on with no sealent just test shift. I would assume u should be able to shift through all 6. Maybe I'm wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

turn the trans as your doing it.