Banshee Bottom End Assembly Walkthrough

BigRed350x

• 3 weeks later...

banshee530 April 15,2011 1:45pm I am new too this site and dont really understand how it works yet but you may not be a pro engine builder but did an awesome job on this and it helped me greatly,thanx..... :cheers:

Glad you were able to get some use from it. Thanks

- Jared

I need to know what this screw right on this picture is for my banshee doesnt have that screw or the little c looking metal thing behind it

The little C-shaped plate is used to hold the bearing in place, as well as holding the two case halves together. I've had banshees in the past that didn't have them and it didn't seem to really affect anything, but the way I see it is that the engineers who designed these engines put it there for a reason, so its usually a good idea to have parts like that on there, even if I don't know exactly what its supposed to do.

lol

- Jared

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

so how did the red rtv work out? was always told not to use a rtv silicone....

Works great, haven't had a single issue with it. I've been using the red hi-temp gas/oil resistant silicone for about 8 years now & have never had a single leak. If your cases are clean and you give it enough time to dry, it works perfect.