Banshe vs CRF450

DannysZ28

What are my chances on dirt with a 4mil passion 12 port motor against a crf 450 dirt bike? What distance would be best to race? I think theyre pretty fast but not sure how fast. My mods are

4mil 12port passion motor

cpi inframes, vf3s, 35pwks, override

He just has exhaust on the bike.

depends on the launch dirt bike is much lighter. but can spin like nuts. whoever gets the traction at the start on ashort distance will probably win. the dirt bikes are quick cause they weigh HALF as much as the atv. but most peep's can ride a DB for shit.. if the guy can ride.. hmmmm take a vid of it and post it up!

I raced a friends 450 last summer. Once with a rolling start on a gravel road and then again from a dead stop on pavement. It was kinda close on the gravel road because of traction, like was said, but I still stayed ahead of him and steadly pulled away. On the pavement, not close at all, with the banshee easily pulling away hard. The bike was mostly stock but he could ride good. My banshee has a 4-mill HJR motor with shearer's and 35mm carbs. You shouldnt have a problem.

camatv summed it up pretty good. If the guy can ride it will be close or he will win. If he cant ride for shit then youll probably take him depending on traction of course. I beat a friends crf450 on the sand with my 4mill. and then I got on his bike and beat him on my bike on the crf450. but i am 10 times the dirt bike rider that he is.

dirtbikers are worse the newb yfz 450 owners. they think that NOTHING is going to beat their dirt bike with a slip on then cannot believe it when a fat dude on a banshee wheelies past them like they are sitting still

• 2 weeks later...

I just raced my buddies ported and piped '06 CR250 (which will eat a 450). We were on pavement, he got the launch and I flew by him like he was sitting still about 40ft into the race and I pulled him hard the entire time. I'm running a stock cyl 350 with full drag porting, cpi inframes, and stock carbs. You wont have to worry if you race where you can hook up.

dirtbikers are worse the newb yfz 450 owners. they think that NOTHING is going to beat their dirt bike with a slip on then cannot believe it when a fat dude on a banshee wheelies past them like they are sitting still

I traded a 06 yz450f with a slip on and boysen quickshot for my current banshee.The guy had it set up with a 4mill,toomeys,porting and stock carbs.The swinger was 6 inch extended.On pavement he got me out of the hole and rode out first and second with the front end about a foot off the ground.By the time I hit 4th on the bike,I was blowing by him like he was on his brakes.

He then asked me if i still wanted to trade for his banshee.LOL...I said,you are giving me close to 200 lbs.if i was 400 lbs,I doubt i would have run you down like that.

You can't even compare a bike to a quad,Those dirtbikes are beastly.It takes a lot of HP to overcome weight