How do you talk two stroke/banshee?

Im 13 and i want to buy a banshee like reall bad but i need to know how to talk like a banshee builder so i can know how to mod it the right way like: what is 4mill, 10 mill, jetting, crank, stroker, piston, flywheel, bore, ported... I wanna know how to talk like that and how to mod my banshee the proper way.

Im 13 and i want to buy a banshee like reall bad but i need to know how to talk like a banshee builder so i can know how to mod it the right way like: what is 4mill, 10 mill, jetting, crank, stroker, piston, flywheel, bore, ported... I wanna know how to talk like that and how to mod my banshee the proper way.

On the top right of this site there is a "search" icon....That will be your best friend and has alot of information you can find. :headbang:

start learning the basics,such as carbs jetting pipes etc.Unless you have a gang of cash dont worry about 7mil 10 mil etc worry aboutstock motors until you get familiar with them.I have tinkered with them onm and off since 89 or so and im still learning..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2+stroke+theory http://smallenginesgo.blogspot.com/2009/07/two-stroke-theory.html . First one I found in another thread, second was one that came up on it. Second one is a good little vid on two stroke basics. Read threads in general diss, reair/mod, and jetting/exhaust. You'll see how a problem is identified and solved, and how members are flamed, as you were. At times it can be a tough crowd here. On the "Blaster Forum" there are some good vids by Ken O'Conner on working on Blasters , may help you with general mechanics. Blasters are simular to Banshees, but different. EVERYBODY started with ZERO knowledge about Banshees and every thing in general. :cheers: Hey, also check this out, shows two stroke with expansion chamber. http://www.instructables.com/file/FCPAPL1F8QANFPB/ . The little arrows are the sonic waves that pull and push the exhaust and intake charge within the chamber. Edited by Larry's Shee

4,7,10,16 mill or stroker refers to the crank being moddfied. A 4mill crank has had the coneciting rod moved out 2mm from the center of the crank. This gives the pistons more leverage against the crank. It is like using a longer wrench or a pice of pipe on a wrench with a tight bolt. Since it has been moved out 2mm the piston now falls 2mm farther down the cylinder and comes up 2mm out of the cylinder. Total piston travel has been increased by 4 mm's. Same goes for all the other "mills"

Jetting is changing the brass jets in the carbs. They are what meeters or controlls how much fuel to feed the engine.

This is a great place to learn just make sure you do lots of reading and you will get lots of info. Welcome.

Well im 14 and know alot by learning over the years... you know about the crank soo i guess i can help you some more.. alright carbs is what delivers the fuel and air mixture this my cause different changes and very critical qonsequences so you have to be on top of them to have the right jetting, jetting has to do with the parts that are in the carb and you change them depending on the weather, altitude, and mods, theres a main jet and pilot, the main is used at 1/2 throttle throgh full, the pilot is used in idle through 1/8th of a throttle. you got the carb part so keep researching on here cuz i aint gonna write anymore!! lol

Just read they the posts in general discussion and repairs and mods. If ur not sure what a word is, type it in the search, if u don't find anything then ask what it is in the thread you found it. More than likely you will find more info that will put u on something else. It's like looking at YouTube vids and looking at related, can get lost forever.

For general two-stroke knowledge, read Two-Stroke Tuners Handbook by Gordon Jennings and Two-Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell. You will not only know what things are, but you will know how and why.