oil leak from front sprocket

Ok so i am new to the banshee scene. bought my banshee and took it riding once. while i was out riding, i stepped off the bike for a little and I saw oil just POURING out from behind my front sprocket. needless to say i packed up and came home, got the bike in the shop and started right into it. i took the front sprocket off and was looking at the seal it looked just fine ? it wasnt broken/dirty/ or anything. any ideas what it could be? Any help would be amazing! also the shaft that the sprocket is on, has some play to it, is that normal???

there should be no play. i hate to tell you, but you are going to have to split the cases and replace at least that one bearing. one thing to look at- if your chain is too tight and/or your swing-arm bearings are bad, you can blow that bearing or crack the cases. you have to check out the trans clusters and bearings while you have it apart

When i first bought my banshee last year it was doing the same thing.

There is a little seal behind the front sproket, mine didnt look broken or busted but as soon as i touched it it popped right off, so i bought a new one and problem solved.

So double check that seal so that u dont have to split the case.

Heaths right, in the very least you have to split the cases to fix that bearing otherwise it can wear and allow fragments of metal to get into your gears and screw them up, or worse yet have it fail on you while riding. While your in it, replace all of the seals as well, its a cheap fix, just takes some time. Get a manual as well, a clymers, it is the bible for these things and it will guide you thru every step.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yamaha-Banshee-YFZ350-Service-Manual-1987-2006-/350353085718?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item5192abd516

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ENGINE-OIL-SEALS-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ350-1987-2006-K-S-/330319273012?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ce8901c34