New cheap ebay shocks

Building my First

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if they are worth buying, or would the 450 shocks still be the best bang for the buck?

Don't buy them yet. I'm assuming you're talking about the blue, gold, or red ones that have recently flooded ebay? Another member on here has volunteered to be the guinea pig and see how they work. Just a FYI they are only 13.0" long. Stock is 14.5, so you will lose about 2-3 inches of ride height and travel. Stay tuned...

I think I will stick with brands that are known.

Pretty soon you will be able to build your very own low quality, but flashy looking banshee out of Taiwaneese / Chineese parts.

i am told they are made in japan and last i heard so was Yamaha and the parts that come on them........

do you know the name of the stock shocks?

I guess would actually want an upgrade if I was going to buy some new shocks. I dont see where it said they were made in japan. Most things that are cheap come out of 3rd world Asia. Nothing like a down grade with less suspension travel. They might be a cheap alertnative to marvin shaws for running down a groomed track.

who knows.... i might have thrown 130 bucks down the drain, or i might have just found a alternative to the junk, non rebuild able stock shocks... i had the extra cash and figured someone should try them out. no one can argue the point that anything is a improvement over the stockers, (well unless i die trying them out).

hell half *scratch that i would be willing to bet 80% of the members here don't even know who makes the stock pistons, but no one complains when they last 3, 5, 8 years.... i am sending these shocks to matt and allowing him to tear into them once i receive them and test them out for a hour, or 2. who knows they might be easily setup for all types of riders. if you ask me they are not low priced. they are priced right in the world of ripoff artist. the markup on product when it comes to recreation is retarded and most would freak out if they knew what they paid verses what the dealer paid.

all in time fellas and i have no problem admitting to them being junk if in fact they are. they will make for a nice suspended bar stool if they are junk.

the markup on product when it comes to recreation is retarded and most would freak out if they knew what they paid verses what the dealer paid.

I think that is the reaction you would get with about anyting you buy. Keep us up to date. Have Matt post some info on them as well.