Planning my next mod. Opinions needed..

Hey guys..

I have a 2006 Banshee which is just about stock. Only thing changed is air filter and T'6 pipes. I want to get the next best thing and dont really want to change anything motor wise. I was thinking about getting the V-Force reeds. Do you guys think this is the next best thing to get for me, or do u suggest something different. What should i expect to see with better reeds??

Thanks for help, Al

So you think a cool head at this point will be money better spent?. Im looking for the best noticeable power increase for the money.

having your stock head milled/shaved will be cheaper then buying a cool head. the only advantage of a cool head is the ability to change your dome size according to the desired octane fuel you want to run. of the three mods mentioned in the thread as far a bang for i would put them in this oreder:

1. adjustabe timing plate

2. mill stock head

3. aftermarket reeds

V-Force reeds are really not useful on a stock ported engine. I would do what was mentioned, timing plate, shave the head, after-market reeds (not v-force), etc. As mentioned, shaving the head is cheap. It is cheap even if you buy a different head to shave.

If you do go with an after-market head, buy a Noss or a Chariot Performance rather than Pro Design...

Definantly advance timing. Shave your head or get a coolhead and some different reeds. I can hook you up with all this stuff and more. Shoot me a pm if you want to get some goodies.

Definantly advance timing. Shave your head or get a coolhead and some different reeds. I can hook you up with all this stuff and more. Shoot me a pm if you want to get some goodies.

How many mils to shave off.The timing plate is a cheap mod. I have the rad valves and you can tell by the throttle response.

.30 is good to shave. timing plate is cheap and gives good throttle response. I would add reeds after the shaved head and timing plate

Thanks FrankieSquid. Once done do I need to rejet also.