yamaha banshee overheating

I have a 1997 banshee that starts overheating after a 15 minute ride. it also bogs at low end and sputters a bit at top end. it starts dropping coolant from the overflow hose near the radiator, the compression on the bike last time i checked was about 120psi on one cylinder and 115psi on the other, it has a 4mill crank with original cylinders and a mild port and the stock head has been shaved. some people have told me that it overheats because of the low compression, and i don.t know whether to put a new top end or maybe the head was shaved a bit much that it lowered the compression that much, i bought this bike as is like 2 months ago any information would really be appreciated thanks.

the waterpump has probably fell apart due to years of use and no coolant changes.

thanks for the reply i will check the waterpump asap but i did change the coolant when i first got it by the way im running stock carbs with a 320 main jet and 55 pilot jet.

thanks for the reply i will check the waterpump asap but i did change the coolant when i first got it by the way im running stock carbs with a 320 main jet and 55 pilot jet.

as quick as it's getting hot i would say no water is moving. just check the pump and gear and post back when you find out rather it's broke, or not.

Um Idk don't you guys usally say 27.5 for your piot not 55?? Proby woulndt cause over heating but maybe the sputtering

we say 27.5 pilots because the stock 26mm banshee carbs goes my incriments of .5.... so why would i say 55 pilot when on the pilot jet it actually says 27.5 haha :confused: