shooting flames out of left side?

Gurnzz

my banshee is shooting flames out of the left side only. it has no power after half throttle and runs like complete shit.sputtering and spitting. this just happened out of the blue. hard to start as well. the compression seems a lil low but what would cause the flames out of the exhaust on the left side only??? any feedback greatly appreciated! thanks Gurnzz

It's lean, and I'd bet you have a bad air leak, or need to clean the carb. If you keep running it in that condition, you'll end up with a blown top end.

hey fastbanshee8 i pulled the plugs and they are dark. more so the left than the right. u think thats a lean condition? just asking

If the plugs were ran, before the current problem arose, then you won't get a proper reading on them. Backfiring is a lean condition, and if you put in new plugs, and try to get a reading on them, you will more than likely smoke the top end, in the process.

It could also be a timing issue.

I had a very similar issue when my flwheel came loose once on me. Backfiring, popping, shootin flames.

It will do all of that if it's way out of time.

X2 on the timing. It's not likely a lean condition. If it was that lean, odds are there wouldn't be enough fuel in the cylinder to expel flames. I would pull the clutch cover and make sure your flywheel is tight... COULD be super rich... mixed with a timing problem.

X2 on the timing. It's not likely a lean condition. If it was that lean, odds are there wouldn't be enough fuel in the cylinder to expel flames. I would pull the clutch cover and make sure your flywheel is tight... COULD be super rich... mixed with a timing problem.

ok thanks for the ideas. ill take a look at it tomorrow and see what i find. ill post it once i figure it out.

I've saw it happen, so it very well could be lean. My brother put pipes, different air filter, and reeds on his, but he only put in the 260 mains that they sent with the pipes, and they were 3 sizes too small. It would shoot flames out the silencers, several feet. He ended up with 290 mains, and no more back firing, or flames.

Was that an attempt at a joke, gone horribly wrong?

Matt, the only thing horribly wrong there was your advice. No offense but the flywheel is behind the primary drive side cover. The clutch is behind the clutch cover.

Like I said bro, no offense, I'm just saying.....

Sp