broken cases

bad 350 shee

well i went out for a ride and after about 20 minson my way home i got on it and hered a clunk and it reved way out so i killed it and my chain was off no damage on the the top so i said sweet i lucked out had my little brother pull me back parked it and went in came back out and tranny fluid was all over so i looked under and the whole bottom was out so i now need a new bottom case fml so does any one have a good one for sale thanks

well i went out for a ride and after about 20 minson my way home i got on it and hered a clunk and it reved way out so i killed it and my chain was off no damage on the the top so i said sweet i lucked out had my little brother pull me back parked it and went in came back out and tranny fluid was all over so i looked under and the whole bottom was out so i now need a new bottom case fml so does any one have a good one for sale thanks

had that happen to mine a little splash zone putty fix it a little hole but leaked a little jb weld works with no leaks on tiney cracks

case halfs are machined as pairs, you might get a good match, and you may get somthign that will never seal. if its a BIG chunk missing or even a small hole, just thatke the bottom half to the nearnest machine shop and have em weld it up properly. even if its a a big chunk, if the shift shaft part is still mildly in tact they should be able to weld it anyhow.

• 4 weeks later...

case halfs are machined as pairs, you might get a good match, and you may get somthign that will never seal. if its a BIG chunk missing or even a small hole, just thatke the bottom half to the nearnest machine shop and have em weld it up properly. even if its a a big chunk, if the shift shaft part is still mildly in tact they should be able to weld it anyhow.

All Banshee cases are machined as a set, that is why Yamaha will only sell them as a pair. Some guys luck out when they only replace a top or bottom and have no problems. Other people do it and have all kinds of problems and then they wonder why does this happen. If I had to replace a case, I would only replace them as a set so that I don't have any other problems. If the damage to your cases is small, then I would tear them down and have them welded properly.

i had a set of cases for almost 10 yrs that were jb welded and did'nt leak.we buy one gallon cans of that shit where i work.