Avenger Swingarm

NickisGod

Id go ahead and cancel the order then. Your not getting a chain guide tab. I see that most builders won't give u tabs on swingarms over plus four, there must be some truth behind that. The swingarms beautiful don't get me wrong, I'm going ahead and listening to the guy who made it and use only a chain slide. I can't be the first person to own this swingarm so I guess this design is proven :confused:

i would NOT run a swingarm without a chain guide. you are asking for problems by running it like that. most swingarm builders do in fact put chain guide brackets on their swingarms. in fact, avenger is the only company ive ever heard of that didnt.

ive had swingarms by eyeball engineering, gt performance, stellar and seen many more and they all had chain guide mounts.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loco seeing as you a admin u can change your post. Lol I'm pretty sure I said most builders offer skid tabs up to plus four swingarms. I wasn't saying that most builders don't offer chain guide. This is my first expirence like this

Don't worry I'm just messing loco I agree its funky seeing this swinger with no guide tabs. Idk wat to say other than ill tell u how it goes, I should of went with an eyeball that was my second option.

Loco seeing as you a admin u can change your post. Lol I'm pretty sure I said most builders offer skid tabs up to plus four swingarms. I wasn't saying that most builders don't offer chain guide. This is my first expirence like this

Don't worry I'm just messing loco I agree its funky seeing this swinger with no guide tabs. Idk wat to say other than ill tell u how it goes, I should of went with an eyeball that was my second option.

the longer the swingarm, the more necessary it is to have a chain guide. the chains get to whipping and can pop right off a rear sprocket without a guide.

youre going to be pretty disappointed if you throw a chain due to not having that guide on there. is it worth possibly busting your cases?

i cant understand what would possess anyone to spend $670 on something like this in the first place. stellars heavy duty swingarms (with chain guides) run about $425 with powdercoat. carriers are about $160.

also, i just noticed that on their website a couple of their swingarms have a chain guide mounts. none of them look longer than stock.

i still maintain that anyone not running a rear chain slider is asking for trouble.

banshee-25.jpg

banshee-17.jpg

That swingarm in that pic is huge and the other dosnt show the whole swingarm. Just some food for thought tecates don't use chain guides only chain slide. Same with my zilla, and they all used round house square stock swingarms. Never once had a chain problem.ever.

On skullys site he has a good photo of a zilla rear end with some aftermarket tensioner on it, no guide.http://www.skullymotorsports.com/800s%20LT250-500%20Final.jpg

I'm starting to reassure myself

I first off want to thank everyone for supporting site sponsors.

But I do want to jump in here and help with a little bit of info. There are alot of bikes that do not come with rear chain guides. Now it is pretty standard for most aftermarket manufacturers to install them, especially on longer length arms. But I am pretty sure avenger has done its R&D and knows what is needed for each specific application. They look to build a very strong and attractive looking swingarm as well. And in all reality, 670 for a heavy duty chromoly arm, powedercoated with carrier is not expensive.

My round tube swingarms start at 350, plus 85 to add gussets and 35 to add skid plate mounts= 470.00. Add 50.00 for pc=520.00 plus 150 for the bearing carrier kit=670.00. So we are all in the same ball park. Now ofcoarse I always give my fellow BHQ members discounts, so it does end up being less than that. I know it can be easy for everyone to start searching the web for all kinds of deals on products and at first glance think something is way cheaper than another. But in the end, we all have so much time an materials into a product and in order for us to stay in business, we have to charge the proper amount.

There are alot of great manufacturers out there. There are plenty of sketchy ones too, but I always say to stick with who you are comfortable dealing with. If the customer service is poor right from the get go, its not going to get better if you run into problems.

Nineteen years ago, I bought a plus 4 arm from JP Racingthat did not have a chain gude bracket on it. They said it did not need one. I put it on with a new chain and sprocket set and properly adjusted it. On the first ride the chain came off because it was not properly guided on to the rear sprocket. Luckily it did not damage the cases. I came home and welded a bracket on it myself, and have never thrown another chain. Like I said before, does he really want to send it back and wait who knows how long for it to come back, or spend a couple hours in the shop putting a bracket on it and be done with it. Obviously they don't want to put a bracket on it, so if I were him, I would take care of it myself and be done with it.

they can r and d all they want but there isnt a chance in hell i would run a swingarm with no chain guide.

also, the distance from the swingarm pivot tube to the shock mount doesnt change on any swingarm. the length comes from whats behind the shock mount. i guarantee you that the black one i posted the pic of is no longer than stock.

nick, i dont care how many posts you have. if you had a million posts here i would still be saying the same thing. i flat out think its stupid to not run a rear chain guide. let us know the first time your chain comes off. (i bet you wont)

tim, i am curious... would you ever send a swingarm out without a rear chain guide?

Only per customer request. Every swingarm that I sell gets one automatically. But thats just me. I do not see why the rear chain guide would interfere with the skid plate since the stock swingarm has both as well.

I am not recommending to run without one either. And I understand your view from experience Tyler. I am just trying to be a neutral party making an observation. Thats all.