***FOR SALE SECTION WARNING***

Could always just delete a for sale ad that does not have a picture of the item or items for sale.

No effin kidding. If people don't know how to post a pic or 2 using the site or ever easier using Photobucket. Well they should just sell there computer and fail like they already have!

Pm or email for pics is fucking stupid..yes thats right i said it. fucking stupid. Post a pic or GTFO, in my opinion anyways. shrug.gif

I think that only works if you buy on ebay. For a private deal they will do nothing.

This is absolutely true.

They refused to help me in any sort of way when eatin4strokes ripped me off, they will not do a damn thing unless it is through ebay. Postal money order is the best way to go safety wise, most people know, you fuck with the US postal service it's a felony.

Sorry for the new guys trying to figure out who is legit or not. If you do enough reading and research on here, you will find the good sellers. Not finding any feedback is just as bad as finding negative feedback. Don't do it. Sometimes even that is not enough when people decide to flip. You can get ripped off no matter what you pay with, by anyone at anytime.

Here is a tip: Do not judge someone’s intentions by post count, or join date. Judge it from feedback, also see if the person leaving the feedback has good feedback.....redundancy pays off.

Sellers ask people to leave you feed back after the transactions. Buyers ask the same from the sellers. Some do, some don't. (I am guilty of this as a seller. I also know some sellers that do not leave any feed back for buyers)

• 4 weeks later...

Even then when you have done your home work on the seller, and the seller rips you off by selling something other then what he advertises, it gets to you, this is what 13RAZOR13 just did to me:

521cc 10mil cheetah motor

Built and ported by nano that used to work at d&m racing

72mm pistons (new)

165 psi comp

10mil crank new from crank works

intakes for 39-41's

1-5 override (rudy kurtz)

vforce reeds

new vortex clutch basket

new clutch

direct drive lockup

lightened fly wheel

advance plate

new stator

Motor maybe has a few hours of run time compression test is perfect, with 150lb rider in a stock modified chassis was doing 78-80 at olds hill.

options:

motor with everything listed above - $4200

motor with everything listed above and 39 pwks/billet bowls - $4550

motor/carbs/shear big bore hand made- $ 4900

please pm me with any offers/ questions

call or text for fastest response 623 628 7778

Hey dude, this !NEW 10mil engine! you sold me for $3200.00 is very much used, it broke down on the second run at banshee hill, upon tear down inspection, surprise surprise, you ripped me off, return my money for the engine as you said you would, you have been avoiding me and not answering my messages, I will post pictures of the engine parts for you and other members to view. MAKE IT RIGHT ***13RAZOR13***, YOUR EXCUSES DO NOT MAKE SENSE ANY MORE.............

• 3 years later...

I havent been burned on this site yet but Ive noticed that almost every seller wants you to send as a gift when using paypal. I wouldnt recommend it because when you send as a gift you cant dispute anything through PayPal when you select that payment type. Just send it and add the 3% fee or whatever it is currently. This is the best way to keep yourself from being burned. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Could always just delete a for sale ad that does not have a picture of the item or items for sale.

No effin kidding. If people don't know how to post a pic or 2 using the site or ever easier using Photobucket. Well they should just sell there computer and fail like they already have!

Pm or email for pics is fucking stupid..yes thats right i said it. fucking stupid. Post a pic or GTFO, in my opinion anyways. shrug.gif

Get tapatalk and post a picture. It's simple, otherwise I'm going to start deleting the crap. It drives me nuts to click on a sale thread and see txt me for pics I can't get them to load. STOP BEING LAZY ASSES!

• 8 months later...

I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while, but I used to work for the Post Office I wanted to let you guys (chere) know that any tampering with anything that is endorsed by USPS (by endorsed, I mean touched by and/or process by any postal serviceman for official purposes) is a federal offense.  If you send a money order through USPS and there is any infraction by any unauthorized individual, THEY ARE SUBJECT TO FELONY CHARGES.  However, just because you send a money order to a seller through the mail doesn't mean they're obligated to give anything to the Postal Service for you because their only job is delivering mail, not getting people to mail stuff.  Unless it's more than $5000, it's an issue of small claims court once the package has been signed for.

The single best way to do it is to write a letter stating your intent as the buyer and their intent as the seller, and then write a series of numbers and letters at the top.  At the bottom, write "If all stated agreements aren't mutually understood and aforementioned goods are not mailed in exchange for money order within 2 business days, return this letter and money order to sender.  The money order is not a gift." 

Take a picture/get a copy of the letter and mail it as a certified copy at the same time as your money order is done.  Request that the money order is package 1 of 2 and that the letter is 2 of 2.  On the shipping declaration, write the same string of numbers and letters that you wrote at the top letter on the shipping declaration in the description box.  Also write that string of letters and numbers on the envelopes. 

In small claims court, a letter will show the intent of the money order.  The string of letters and numbers will link the letter and money order together, as will the box 1/2 and box 2/2, AND you'll have the receipt from the Post Office.  The "If all stated agreements..." will show the intended purchase and purpose for the money order in your writing.  Furthermore, the seller's signature will be recorded upon receipt of the letter.

Certified mail is very, very much a solid piece of evidence in court at any level.  Dates, written intent, receipts, pictures, and money orders will ensure that you get what you need.  I wouldn't do this for every single little bolt and bracket that you buy, but if I ever buy anything for more than $500, I'm doing it.  10 minutes of work and $15 will get you exactly what you need to protect your wallet.

• 3 months later...

I most always use paypal for buying and selling but even paypal can't always protect us. I bought an LS6 intake years back from a guy on LS1Tech.com for 400 bucks and never got it. He did this to over 40 members on there. Paypal couldn't do a thing because he was spending the money as fast as he was getting it so there was nothing in his account to give back to us buyers. We all got screwed. So paypal sucks too but what do ya do. It is handy and fast but that's about it.

I most always use paypal for buying and selling but even paypal can't always protect us. I bought an LS6 intake years back from a guy on LS1Tech.com for 400 bucks and never got it. He did this to over 40 members on there. Paypal couldn't do a thing because he was spending the money as fast as he was getting it so there was nothing in his account to give back to us buyers. We all got screwed. So paypal sucks too but what do ya do. It is handy and fast but that's about it.

Greg Whitaker?

Greg Whitaker?

No this guys name was Kevin Vincent from Elk grove Calif. He ripped off alot of us on there and got several grand out of the deal. He was selling all kind of LS1 trans am parts. As far as I know he got away with it too.

Funny to see old threads and the people that used to post in them. "Hey, i remember that guy...or where they fuck have they been...fuck that guy was a retard"