Swingarm length?

CajunDuner

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks. What size should i go with for coal hills. I would like to just use the +4 but I dont think i will be able to keep it down in the front. Different situation then that other guy that started this thread. I dont run paddles. I use 21 or 22in holeshot HD. Was +4 enough to keep it down?!

Mannnnnnn banghead lol as soon as i thought i had my decision made....more suggestions come, which is what i want! Thanks for yalls opinions/suggestions. I just really needa make up my mind with this, cause the guy that is helping me out with my bike has a 4 mil on methanol and he swears by his +4.

My guess is he is swearing by them because thats what he is used to, not necessarily whats best. My vote is definetly +6. 

+6

Watch the for sale posts here. They pop up all the time. I've bought 2 here so far…...

On my dune bikes I like to keep the swing arm as short as possible for traction. I like to set up my bike so it has just enough swing arm to keep the front down on the hole-shot launch by adjusting my body weight then when on the hill the front tires are just skimming the sand with me back on the seat to keep them from dragging in the sand. Most +6 or more swing arm banshees and or other bikes I race at the dunes don't have there bikes set up (or the HP) for the swing arm length. So when they launch the rear tires are just spinning and the front tires have so much pressure from the long swing arm that they are digging in to the sand from take off to the end of the hill slowing the bike down. I love to racing these bikes I can hand them there buts from start to the end on my short dune bike. 4" or less and the stock shock will be happier. I no it is to late! May help some one!!!!

On my dune bikes I like to keep the swing arm as short as possible for traction. I like to set up my bike so it has just enough swing arm to keep the front down on the hole-shot launch by adjusting my body weight then when on the hill the front tires are just skimming the sand with me back on the seat to keep them from dragging in the sand. Most +6 or more swing arm banshees and or other bikes I race at the dunes don't have there bikes set up (or the HP) for the swing arm length. So when they launch the rear tires are just spinning and the front tires have so much pressure from the long swing arm that they are digging in to the sand from take off to the end of the hill slowing the bike down. I love to racing these bikes I can hand them there buts from start to the end on my short dune bike. 4" or less and the stock shock will be happier. I no it is to late! May help some one!!!!

My front comes up on the launch in second with a +6 And carries it thru my shift into 3rd.

Guess I just make more power.