Wiring problem?

lokisbuddy

Ok I was riding my quad today (bent handlebars and all) and it was running great I put the 300 mains in it and it was still bogging a little at 1/4 throttle. I started hitting some snow drifts and then I hit one a little too fast and jumped it maybe 4 ft high, (shocks didn't even bottom out) then all of a sudden my quad just stalled out, I checked the plugs and one looked a little lean (light tan) the other was a little rich (dark brown) I checked for spark and none. I am stumped any ideas? Do tether kills ever go faulty? I have the pro armor one.

I fucking hate stupid people. I tore my quad apart (plastics off, tank off, radiator off, pipes off, carbs off) and guess what I found? Some dumbshit must have stalled out on the trail and did a "quick fix" Because I cannot see the yamaha corp. wrapping what appears to be greenapple bubble gum around the black wire that goes into the coil. I am dead fucking serious they had the wire held on with gum. Needless to say I have spark now but I have to put a real crimp connector on it. Also they have the tether kill ran to the coil wire and black taped on? Is this right? If so I am going to put a connector on that aswell. I swear if my camera worked right now I would take pics :confused:

I am suprised the gum held on that long how long have you had the bike like that? that is why when ever i ride in the woods i take a little tool kit in my backpack. extra plugs some tubing, extra gas line you know stuff like that.

X2

If you plan on riding for a long time away from anything, a small backpack to hold all your extra goodies is a good idea.

Even a 1 liter pop bottle with some extra gas in it, i've seen that done at the local riding spot. Got the guy back to his vehicle.

I had the shee for a short period but I have put her through hell in that short period I am surprised it held that long. When I go riding I bring a two liter of gas 4 plugs electrical tape and a master link and tools and tire plugs.

Ok I was riding my quad today (bent handlebars and all) and it was running great I put the 300 mains in it and it was still bogging a little at 1/4 throttle. I started hitting some snow drifts and then I hit one a little too fast and jumped it maybe 4 ft high, (shocks didn't even bottom out) then all of a sudden my quad just stalled out, I checked the plugs and one looked a little lean (light tan) the other was a little rich (dark brown) I checked for spark and none. I am stumped any ideas? Do tether kills ever go faulty? I have the pro armor one.

I had the same problem as you. (well not the bubble gum) Just yesterday!!! had to push my banshee about a mile through the woods to get it home. I just bought the 4 wheeler this week. tore it down today and noticed the black wire on the solinoid came lose