What Do You Drive?

stnditup2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man its a nice truck i like it. i have heard lots of bad things about the dpf but i have yet to experience anything the truck runs like a top i get 20 mpg out of it on the high way as long as i have the cruise at 110km or lower its nice but big man the thing is like a schoolbus the only reason i bought it was to haul my fifth wheel trailer actually i have a pic of that to i stay in it when im at work in mcmurray the pic isent great but its 39feet long with 4 big slides and that truck drags it along no problem at all

27y1wgj.jpg

yeah man its a nice truck i like it. i have heard lots of bad things about the dpf but i have yet to experience anything the truck runs like a top i get 20 mpg out of it on the high way as long as i have the cruise at 110km or lower its nice but big man the thing is like a schoolbus the only reason i bought it was to haul my fifth wheel trailer actually i have a pic of that to i stay in it when im at work in mcmurray the pic isent great but its 39feet long with 4 big slides and that truck drags it along no problem at all

27y1wgj.jpg

6.7's are meant to be worked hard, that's what I do with mine everyday. I drag a 30' gooseneck behind me everyday and I have never had a problem with the dpf. filter unless I let it idle for a long time. When the dpf. warning status just happens to come on, well, I just get on it for 3 minutes or so and it dissappears.

6.7's are meant to be worked hard, that's what I do with mine everyday. I drag a 30' gooseneck behind me everyday and I have never had a problem with the dpf. filter unless I let it idle for a long time. When the dpf. warning status just happens to come on, well, I just get on it for 3 minutes or so and it dissappears.

Main reason for the Emission Control problems people are having, they aren't running the trucks hot enough to get cylinder temps to optimal temp to burn/clean properly. For people that are doing DDing with it and having the RPM's fairly low, it's recommended going out once a week, once every two weeks and hauling on it to clean things up a little.

• 2 weeks later...
finaly lol

thats good to know, only went once & ran 8.5... dying to go to the 1/4 mile haven't been in YEARS... how's your clutch do ,I cant feather mine at all, it wants to slip... it's dump it or slip, it's kinda hard to launch good that way, either spins or bogs :shrug:

i have an ls7 clutch and i pretty much dump it at 4500 with the tires and it hooks prettty well. no slipping it hardly at all.