45 teeth in rear

thanks for the info. i just got rid of the pro circut i had, i was told to run pts on my cub. i dont know enogh so this is trial and error for me. im headin back up there in setember, so i am tring to get all the imput i can. i wish i had high speed so i can see those vidos you took. dial up sucks, i tried to watch it but it would only play 2 or 3 seconds of it then stop

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks about the internet. We Dyno tested a 7 mill cub motor with ptr mids and pro circuits. It made 5 more HP and had a broader torque curve with the pc pipes. We just switched a stock cylinder 4 mill over from ptr mids to pc pipes also.

• 4 years later...

Ok well here is the deal, I dont just drag race. One minute I am climbing holes, the next minute I could be doing a friendly drag race at boxcar hill or on the flats. It takes a pretty universal setup. I literally use 1st and 2nd in the holes all the time. I use 3rd, 4th, and 5th drag racing. In Oregon its not wide open dunes at all. I do get a chance to ride wide open in spots, but we have to climb stuff like in this video below. Oddly enough the 2 other bikes in that video run much taller gearing than I do. The white and green bike is 13/41, and the black bike is 13/43. They both also run 21" haules. I run 22x11x8 super lites. I can obviously outclimb the two in the hole. I also beat them both drag racing now ( I can still outclimb them also). The white bike is a JSD full drag port 350 with cpi pipes and 35mm pwk carbs. The other one is stock carb, ported 350 with ptr mids. This video was with the 2 into 1 pipe and single carb, I now have twin carbs, port work and pro circuits. The bike has the same bottom end now, but its way faster on the top end with the newer parts.

If you want to play in Oregon and be able to do everything, then this is what you got to run to do it better than everyone else.

Back in 1993 at the Last Sandfest they had I raced in the 350 modified class (gas) with a JD ported 350, stock bored carbs, stock intakes, stock reedcages, a milled stock head, and FMF Gold series pipes on 13/45 gearing. I took 4th place out of 32 riders. I was 14 years old. I was beating grown men. There was even a guy who got DQ'ed for running alcohol.

I have tried different gearing, nothing else works as good. Not back then, and not now.

Youtube hole Link.

Ok well here is the deal, I dont just drag race. One minute I am climbing holes, the next minute I could be doing a friendly drag race at boxcar hill or on the flats. It takes a pretty universal setup. I literally use 1st and 2nd in the holes all the time. I use 3rd, 4th, and 5th drag racing. In Oregon its not wide open dunes at all. I do get a chance to ride wide open in spots, but we have to climb stuff like in this video below. Oddly enough the 2 other bikes in that video run much taller gearing than I do. The white and green bike is 13/41, and the black bike is 13/43. They both also run 21" haules. I run 22x11x8 super lites. I can obviously outclimb the two in the hole. I also beat them both drag racing now ( I can still outclimb them also). The white bike is a JSD full drag port 350 with cpi pipes and 35mm pwk carbs. The other one is stock carb, ported 350 with ptr mids. This video was with the 2 into 1 pipe and single carb, I now have twin carbs, port work and pro circuits. The bike has the same bottom end now, but its way faster on the top end with the newer parts.

If you want to play in Oregon and be able to do everything, then this is what you got to run to do it better than everyone else.

Back in 1993 at the Last Sandfest they had I raced in the 350 modified class (gas) with a JD ported 350, stock bored carbs, stock intakes, stock reedcages, a milled stock head, and FMF Gold series pipes on 13/45 gearing. I took 4th place out of 32 riders. I was 14 years old. I was beating grown men. There was even a guy who got DQ'ed for running alcohol.

I have tried different gearing, nothing else works as good. Not back then, and not now.

Youtube hole Link.

I have a 13/44 setup on my bike. Some of those tree shots are steep with soft sand and need all the wheel spin you can .

• 5 months later...

Youtube hole Link.

I think I would have more fun on my RMZ450, than my banshee, playing on those trails!