CPI Small Bore VS. Big Bore

On shearers its bigger just past the flange. Not sure about CPI's

Damn that's what i meant to say. The big bore and small bore pipes look almost the same but if you look closely where they come off the jug the small bore pipes are smaller than the big bore. I'm pretty sure they can fit on any jug it's just how wide they come off the jug that matters. I may be corrected by someone since i've only bought toomey pipes and big bore pipes in my lifetime cause i went by the chart. Don't be stupid and get your motor ported and bored and think you need big bore pipes. There's a reason why they made them like anything else.

Damn that's what i meant to say. The big bore and small bore pipes look almost the same but if you look closely where they come off the jug the small bore pipes are smaller than the big bore. I'm pretty sure they can fit on any jug it's just how wide they come off the jug that matters. I may be corrected by someone since i've only bought toomey pipes and big bore pipes in my lifetime cause i went by the chart. Don't be stupid and get your motor ported and bored and think you need big bore pipes. There's a reason why they made them like anything else.

Nobody knows this? The outlet diameter on the small bores where the silencer stinger hooks up is smaller than the big bores.

• 3 years later...

Correct the CPI SB vs. BB the only diference is the stinger size. But the 440 cc rule does not always apply. You need to find what pipe works best for your application. We use BB on most of our 421cc 4mil cubs and have used them on smaller ones as well. I have been testing on my bike this past week and it makes better power with the BB over the SB. Not by much though but if you can get away with BB its a better option since it helps with detonation problems.

Correct the CPI SB vs. BB the only diference is the stinger size. But the 440 cc rule does not always apply. You need to find what pipe works best for your application. We use BB on most of our 421cc 4mil cubs and have used them on smaller ones as well. I have been testing on my bike this past week and it makes better power with the BB over the SB. Not by much though but if you can get away with BB its a better option since it helps with detonation problems.

Yea this post was from 4 years ago, I just dug it up hoping someone could measure their stinger diameter so I knew for sure if mine were big bore because I want to sell them