Adjustible timing install / Flywheel Removal

magz

my was set at -2 the only other think i could think of is nitrous,or is there any other reason for the timing to be retarded instead of advanced?

u usuallyt knock the timing down for a top end motor.... more advance give u the kick in the pants outthe hole

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does the fly wheel bolt come off clockwise or counter clockwise? i'm having trouble trying to losen the fly wheel bolt on my 2002 banshee, i'm using a dewalt electric impact wrench and will not loosen up. tried counter clockwise and viceversa and no luck.

does the fly wheel bolt come off clockwise or counter clockwise? i'm having trouble trying to losen the fly wheel bolt on my 2002 banshee, i'm using a dewalt electric impact wrench and will not loosen up. tried counter clockwise and viceversa and no luck.

lefty loosey righty tighty (counter clockwise to remove). are you holding the flywheel so it doesnt spin when you are trying to remove the nut? have you tried using pb blaster?

Thank's Donkeypuncher, i held the fly wheel by hand and held the impact trigger for like a minute and no luck...(counter clockwise) the socket got pretty hot! so i sprayed it with some kroil last night and will see if today it will come off. i'll keep you updated. thank's again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to remove my flywheel and put an adjustable timing plate.

I don't have an impact wrench so I have to loosen the bolt with a normal wrench.

So i want to make a tool that fit in the outer holes of the flywheel so i can hold it when i turn the bolt.

Can someone please give me the dimensions of the holes (how far they are apart and the diameter of the holes) so i can make this tool, i am at work right now so i don't have the oppurtunity to go at home and measure my flywheel.

Thanks in advance

Fred

I was having the same issue. Even with an impact wrench I couldn't get the nut off. So, I went to the local hardware store and picked up a strap wrench. This baby worked like a charm! It costs $25, but worth the pain.

• 2 months later...

Is there any issues with adding this timing plate to a bone stock engine. Not even pipes Looking to add a few inexpensive mods.

btw, just found the site and like it. Lots of great info

no issues on a stock bike. set it to +4 and ur good to go. also, welcome to bhq! :cheers:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a stock 2002 banshee and ride at high altitude (6400ft) would +4 timing help me? I use 91 octane (best fuel I can find). The lowest altitude I ever run at is 5500.

+4 timing helps everyone period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys help me out please, just did this and followed instructions to a tee, now I can't start at all. Put on a new RM 200 watt stator at the same time. I tried adjusting the gap, pull starting, kicked the shit out of it, put the stock stator back on. I have spark and fuel. It was hard starting when cold before but would always start after 5 or so kicks. I can only get 91 oct fuel here. I'm .60 over, LRD Pipes, pods, jets, and thats about it in mods. Thanks!