Adjustible timing install / Flywheel Removal

magz

My banshee was backfireing a bit, will +4 timeing help that problem? Also I have my engine tore down to nothing, so I figure I should bore it and go with 2mm larger pistons, would it be an advantage for this as well? And when I put in the larger pistons am I going to have to rejet and change the neadles?

My banshee was backfireing a bit, will +4 timeing help that problem? Also I have my engine tore down to nothing, so I figure I should bore it and go with 2mm larger pistons, would it be an advantage for this as well? And when I put in the larger pistons am I going to have to rejet and change the neadles?

dont honoestly know about the backfiring, but since the engines already down paying 35 for a timing plates not a bad option since its not really that much more work, the +4 timing will give you some more low end grunt. any time after a rebuild you should re-jet and fine tune your idle to help the longevity of the new motor.

can someone help me? i cant get my flywheel off at all. i have broke 2 pulleys. there wasnt any threads in the flywheel to begin with so i had to weld it and will not come off

umm...pretty much fooked i believe, take it to a shop or leave it alone. probably ganna need a new flywheel at aleast if you welded the puller to the fly wheel

well now i need a new crank. The threaded stud stapped off at the crank. I got the flywheel off after that happened. someone had heated it up to put the new flywheel on in the first place, i could tell be the heat marks on the crank. I really am screwed now!

i installed the chariot plate on my 06 tonight, just wanted to make sure i did it right. removed the flywheel with a puller, didnt see any key thing fall out. removed the stator from stock plate, installed it in chariot plate. i tried to run the wires behind the plate, but the screws would not go in, i think maybe the threads were the wrong way? the screws would go in to hold the wires down on the front of the plate no problem, but then the screw heads were touching the flywheel. so i just installed the plate and routed the wires behind it, like the original one, but couldnt use the small tabs to hold them down. then i lined up the raised part on the shaft with the notch in the flywheel, and impact gunned it back on. adjusted the pickup so it was away from the raised bumps on the flywheel by the thickness of the thinnest business card i had. used blue threadloc on everything. did i do this right? i cant fire it up to make sure, i still have more stuff to put on, including my tors killer throttle cable.

• 4 weeks later...

Please don't bash me for asking this question......

I haven't purchased a timing plate yet....I know I'm going to but I want to know everything about it before I spend my money. This may sound like a stupid qusetion but will I have to re-jet after installing it? I would think not because it has nothing to do with air/fuel.

Please don't bash me for asking this question......

I haven't purchased a timing plate yet....I know I'm going to but I want to know everything about it before I spend my money. This may sound like a stupid qusetion but will I have to re-jet after installing it? I would think not because it has nothing to do with air/fuel.

no you dont need to rejet.

Will a cordless makita impact work for this...It's the newer kind...pretty torqueee

might be better less chance of striping the threads on the puller unless its really stuck. I have a Milwakee 18v cordless impact works great for working on the banshee including the flywheel.

I got my +4 plate in and everything seems fine....but dam i just don't wanted to check in with you guys before I tear the desert a new asshole this weekend.

The bike starts first kick and idles just like it did before install. I have not put her in gear and got WOT yet though. I left the stator cover off and started her and everything seems fine as far as spin and gap but is there anything that I should be looking for that give me a sign that I will fuck her up once shes running hard?