more low end

Not gonna happen unless you wanna do some porting on the motor (which i think you said you didn't want to yet). A stock banshee (gearing wise) will run 72 or something I think. If you want bottom-end the best route to go IMO is gearing, especially since you just have bolt-ons. You will sacrifice top-end by doing this. Sorry but that just aint what a banshee's made for.

i thought like a 2 into 1 exhaust, or a 2 into 1 intake would give more bottom end??? i think, even for a stock shee, a boost bottle will give you a little bit better throttle response. other then something like that....yea...porting!

boost bottles make great pencil holders

i thought like a 2 into 1 exhaust, or a 2 into 1 intake would give more bottom end??? i think, even for a stock shee, a boost bottle will give you a little bit better throttle response. other then something like that....yea...porting!

Thanks ok so i just droped the whole idea of bottom end ill just have to deal with it now will my banshee i have aftermarket reeds and cages, boost bottle, fmf pipes, uni filters, timing plate at +4, dynojet kit, 15 tooth sprocket, with 20in wheels, and 1 gallon of race gas to 4 gallons of preimium, can i get an estimate at what my top speed is. and how much it will raise with milling my heads to 0.020

the boost bottle costs you bottom end. TAKE IT THE HELL OFF!!! and and no 2 into 1 doesnt give you more bottom end. the pipe looses power, and the carbs flow better up top, and they tend to burn up a motor if its isnt PERFECT and my brosthers has bottom end close to 4 pokes, it has FMF fattys, stock carbs, open air box, VF2's and +4 timng stock front sprocket and like a 42 on the rear, it whill up and jump off the line and with the gearing it gets up fast too, just not a quick as a more top end bike. oh and no porting done to it.

Your not going to increase your top speed by increasing your compression. Speed is increased through gearing. Engine performance modifications increases horsepower and torque which allows you to pull taller gears thus increasing your top speed.

• Like 1

Your not going to increase your top speed by increasing your compression. Speed is increased through gearing. Engine performance modifications increases horsepower and torque which allows you to pull taller gears thus increasing your top speed.

Not entirely true, various pipes and porting configurations will allow your engine to rev out further...thus increasing your top speed. But, most of the mods that will allow your engine to rev out further will take away from your bottom end power.

I actually felt dumber after reading this thread. :blink:

haha thats what i was thinking

short gearing wont add torque just make you shift sooner .easiest way for responsive lowend torque on a banshee without porting ,stroking .etc .....is add more compression, more timing ,and a lightend flywheel