What happens if you run a banshee out of gas?

Matt05

Well it will die and stop moving forward unless you are on a hill, j/k. If it just ran out of gas it won't do anything, except stop moving on its own power. However, if he forgot to mix oil with that gas then yes there could be some major problems inside. Sounds like there may have been other underlying problems if he just ran it out of gas though...........

Well it will die and stop moving forward unless you are on a hill, j/k. If it just ran out of gas it won't do anything, except stop moving on its own power. However, if he forgot to mix oil with that gas then yes there could be some major problems inside. Sounds like there may have been other underlying problems if he just ran it out of gas though...........

I agree the motor would not blow up just because it ran out of gas, there has to be something else going on.

I agree the motor would not blow up just because it ran out of gas, there has to be something else going on.

you would be right if the bike was just idleing....however the post stated that the guy was riding it and it ran out of gas and now it is locked up...go run your bike out of gas at wide open and let me know how it goes :biggrin:

Ive Ran mine out of gas a couple times once at 1/4 throttle and again at the top of 4th gear at 9000 rpm. I had no issues as long as you pull in the clutch and let the engine slow it self down with compression but I could bet that an idiot that doesnt pull the clutch in would spin the engine for a while could hurt it

• Like 1

i guarentee if you run out of gas at high speed and rpm, and your motor sucks a couple big lungs full of air the results will not be pretty.saying nothing will happen is bullshit.go try it and tell me the results, if you are that confident in your advice.

i run out of gas alot, when i notice i loose power and only 1 cylinder is running, i back off the throttle, reach down turn on reserve and normally the other cylinder wakes up, and keeps on rollin. never have to stop.

i never lost a motor yet, from running out of gas. guess i'm always at mid throttle or less with it happens....? or maybe i know when to get off the throttle. or maybe???? i don't know, to many possibility's.

• 5 years later...

I fried both pistons when I ran out of gas WOT in 6th gear... I should have switched to reserve before hauling ass back to camp! Will never run WOT on low fuel ever again.. learned my lesson the hard way! If you don't realize you are low on fuel and you are wide open in 6th gear... there's no "feeling it run on one cylinder and switching to reserve... no.... they are both insta fried.  I know this for a FACT. unfortunately. lol Just say no to low fuel and WOT