My dream for the new Banshee

The Suzuki Hayabusa (street bike) has a 200 horsepower engine in it. If you cut the engine in half (2 cylinders instead of 4), you would still have around 100 horsepower. I think Yamaha should use the Hayabusa engine as a blueprint and make a 2-cylinder version of it, and throw it in a quad. Just think about it. You'd have the same power band (huge power in the high RPM's) in a 4-stroke engine. They could tone the engine down a bunch and still have a lot of power.

Maybe someday...

ok so remind me of why Yamaha would use a Zook engine to put in a Yamaha product? :shrug:

They wouldn't have to. They have their own street bike technology. But as far as I know, none of their stuff comes close to the power that the Hayabusa produces. So I figured maybe they could use the engine for inspiration.

I just looked up the numbers on their R1 bike.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2007/146_0...o/photo_01.html

I guess their 2007 model put out 158 horsepower. If you half that, it would be 78. That would be a screamer.

I have a Hayabusa engine in a sandrail. I don't know if you have ever experienced their power before, but they are FAST. Since the Hayabusa has the most powerful stock engine in production, I think it's a worthy benchmark for comparison.

i work at a suzuki dealership so yeah i have dealt wiht bussas' quite a bit. the 07s are quicker thn the 08's which is why one of the mods is to put the intake and exhuast cams out of an 07 inot an 08 for extra "umph". However stock for stock the gixxer 1000 will still walk around the bussa. Maybe once you get to around 160 or so it will come back but how many people ever get there and if they do get to 180 on a stock bussa its not in the quarter mile which means they are out on the street like idiots. Sorry i am venting man its jsut been a shitty week at work. i do apologize. Now for your idea. You wouldnt even need to put a half bussa or R1 powerplant in. If you want a high horesepoer small displacement just build you an oversquare motor. the r6 or gixxer 600 have all the power you will ever need. I would say that maybe 10% of the people that own liter or bigger bikes might ever get close to realizing the full potential of what the bike is capable of. Hell the pros in AMA will tell you themselves that they never even use the "whole bike" in a race. Once again if i pissed you off or you felt like i was ragging on you i might have been but not to be an ass or anything. I guess i needed a scapegoat for the week i had and i appologize. have a good Easter weekend man.

i work at a suzuki dealership so yeah i have dealt wiht bussas' quite a bit. the 07s are quicker thn the 08's which is why one of the mods is to put the intake and exhuast cams out of an 07 inot an 08 for extra "umph". However stock for stock the gixxer 1000 will still walk around the bussa. Maybe once you get to around 160 or so it will come back but how many people ever get there and if they do get to 180 on a stock bussa its not in the quarter mile which means they are out on the street like idiots. Sorry i am venting man its jsut been a shitty week at work. i do apologize. Now for your idea. You wouldnt even need to put a half bussa or R1 powerplant in. If you want a high horesepoer small displacement just build you an oversquare motor. the r6 or gixxer 600 have all the power you will ever need. I would say that maybe 10% of the people that own liter or bigger bikes might ever get close to realizing the full potential of what the bike is capable of. Hell the pros in AMA will tell you themselves that they never even use the "whole bike" in a race. Once again if i pissed you off or you felt like i was ragging on you i might have been but not to be an ass or anything. I guess i needed a scapegoat for the week i had and i appologize. have a good Easter weekend man.

Haha. It's cool dude!

My whole idea sort of reminds me of the April fool's joke that Dirtwheels pulled. They mentioned that Yamaha was going to put their Phazer snowmobile engine into the "new Banshee." The engine is a 500cc twin cylinder 4 stroke beast that puts out 80 horsepower and revs out to 11,000 RPM.

P1010004.jpg

The Suzuki Hayabusa (street bike) has a 200 horsepower engine in it. If you cut the engine in half (2 cylinders instead of 4), you would still have around 100 horsepower. I think Yamaha should use the Hayabusa engine as a blueprint and make a 2-cylinder version of it, and throw it in a quad. Just think about it. You'd have the same power band (huge power in the high RPM's) in a 4-stroke engine. They could tone the engine down a bunch and still have a lot of power.

Maybe someday...

they are all comparable, so why would yamaha need suzukis tech? maybe ur drooling because its a big 1350? and i also wouldnt think that half the displacement and cylinders would equal half the power, too much involved. a smaller engine actually makes more power per liter though.

they are all comparable, so why would yamaha need suzukis tech? maybe ur drooling because its a big 1350? and i also wouldnt think that half the displacement and cylinders would equal half the power, too much involved. a smaller engine actually makes more power per liter though.

I don't understand the negativism. The whole point of this thread was to address how similar the power band of street bike engines are to two stroke engines, and how awesome it would be to use a street bike engine as a platform for the engine of "the new Banshee." I used the Hayabusa as an example because it is currently the most powerful production street bike engine. Period.

If you don't agree, whatever. I don't care.

I don't understand the negativism. The whole point of this thread was to address how similar the power band of street bike engines are to two stroke engines, and how awesome it would be to use a street bike engine as a platform for the engine of "the new Banshee." I used the Hayabusa as an example because it is currently the most powerful production street bike engine. Period.

If you don't agree, whatever. I don't care.

wow go cry... i think u better take things lighter, cause if u thought i was being a dick then try reading it with ur panties untwisted. and i thought the kawie 1400 was right up there too. they'll be trading the king of power spot im sure for years. and did u mean negatism?

Edited by 2K1Banshee350

now now....

the banshee IS street bred..... lets calm down here and discuss.

i dont like the half of a streetbike idea that sounds cheap and too easy.... but on a design scale. a twin thumper just might scream in a side by side cylinder setup, but dont streetbikes have complex fluel injection systems and electronic valve timing? at least thats possibble and most likely needed on designing a comparable twin cylindered 4 stroke version of our beloved 2 stroke banshee street from 30 years ago vs street of today..... this can go places just quit your ragging and go smell your tailpipes ladies

yes i know its engine is based off the rd/rz350. i never said it couldnt work either, but i just thought the hayabusa and taking its technology just because its the fastest was dumb to me. actually i think all the 1000s are faster now arent they? i dont keep up on bikes because having something that fast these days is asking for trouble, whether with tickets or ur life. if i owned a track itd be different

I just don't see why everyone wants yamaha to redo the banshee and bring it back with a motor that isn't 2 stroke. The banshee in the U.S. is dead as far as new models go, and even if they did bring it back with a 4 stroke it just wouldn't be the same. Like the Dodge Charger. Sure it has the name, but other than that its nothing like the chargers of old. As far as I can see Banshee parts are still readily available, why not just keep putting your own together and let the Banshee stay the way its supposed to be, a bad ass 2 stroke.

Why not an RZ500 Gamma motor shoehorned into a Banshee instead. Ever seen those run? Check it out:

If you put in a Suzuki motor at least put in something that relates to the Banshee in "spirit".

One thing about it, if any new machine they came out with were to attempt to carry the Banshee name, it would have to be off the map! The Banshee is a legend in it's own time, and one of the things that makes it special is that it is unique and very different than anything else out there. It's name and what it stands for in the world of a.t.v.'s would make it extremely hard for anything new to try to fill those shoes!

wow go cry... i think u better take things lighter, cause if u thought i was being a dick then try reading it with ur panties untwisted. and i thought the kawie 1400 was right up there too. they'll be trading the king of power spot im sure for years. and did u mean negatism?

"Negatism" isn't a word. And while we are correcting each other's grammar, neither is "u" or "ur."

Have a nice day.

:biggrin:

Edited by feedmelies